PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems / Windscreen Wipers / Indicators | HONDA CRX 88'

shk_20
01-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey guys,

So I changed out the dash in my CRX, used the same loom that was in the crx and everything but now the strangest thing happening..

- Windscreen wipers keep going when I turn the car on
- Indicators won't flash, they are constant but when I do indicator it does make the "flashing" noise like they are suppose too.

Only way to make the windscreen wipers to stop is to take out the fuse but then I can't wind the windows down and stuff like that.

I assume it I might of plugged something in incorrectly, anyone have an idea?

Also the only differences I noticed when I was replacing and installing this dash, there is a ground wire just near the steering column that is connected to the loom, when I pulled my original dash out that wasn't connected but now I have connected it.

shk_20
01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
So I just back tracked everything I did to see if there is any plugs incorrectly plugged in or not and I'm sure they are correct.

The loom that runs behind the dash contain

A blue plug that goes into the fuse box
A white plug and yellow plug that goes next to the fuse box
3 speedo plugs
3 plugs to control hazards light dimmer and defrost
1 plug that goes to behind the clock
Headunit plug

I don't see any or can see why any these plugs would cause my windscreen wipers to go and also my indicators light to not flash ..

shk_20
01-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Not a stalk issue as well, I have removed a stalk off another CRX and tested it - still happens.

ECU-MAN
03-02-2014, 08:01 AM
did you change only the dash ?
did you change the fuse box ?
did you change the dash wiring loom that goes to the column ?