PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen replacement.

Willabong
11-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I paid $564.00 for a windscreen replacement for my 2000 Honda Integra Type R which according to my mechanic that price was double of what competitors were charging for the same windscreen. But t I believed **** was reputable and the sales office offered me a free windscreen chip repair with the deal, so I went ahead and paid it. The car hasn't been driven at all because it a weekend car and I've been so busy with work, my wife new car thought got a little windscreen chip, so I thought I could use my free voucher and fix it but according to **** the voucher was not transferable to any other vehicle and it has a life span of only 1 year, none of these conditions were explained to me and when I called the booking number I was told it expired 5 days ago. ignorance is not an excuse I agree but I don't see how that's fair considering I paid such a high price. Needless to say I think the sales person was more after my money then providing me with a due service. In this case, I think paying a premium doesn't always give you the best service. save your money and get same service for half the price.

lolmclol
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I'd remove the name of the business you're trying to tarnish from your post, there's no need to try and get yourself or anyone else in hot water.

infurNOS
11-02-2014, 01:14 PM
i have edited the post to not include the company name, to protect ozhonda from potential legal action due to the possibility of deformation. OP can PM users if they want to know company details.

stndrd
11-02-2014, 01:17 PM
That sounds like O'Brians

dougie_504
17-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Do you actually need help, or just venting?

You should call around and get various quotes. Always!

amant02
17-02-2014, 06:21 PM
That does sound like O Brien's. I used to work there. Look mate, if you are after a company that wont fk around and can actually grantee their work. Specially in the glazing in Aust as there is only one main company you can look towards to.

Glazing industry in Australia is not regulated atm. So any job blow can do the job and charge what they want and they will do w/e way they want. What happens if your windscreen decided to leak you call joe and joe blows you off with the middle finger, whatchu gonna do?

I believe for what O Brien provides for the cost is well worth it. Their tech's actually have to pass test's and be qualified before they work on customers cars/property. Even thou I have stopped working there, I still deal with them on a daily basis.