PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Install PROBLEMS. [ CRX GEN 2 ]

shk_20
12-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Hey guys,

Just recently installed a cheap alarm on eBay - just wanted it to be honest for the central locking.

- Disarming problem

When I unlock and lock the door it disarms and arms but maybe 5 - 10seconds later it will arm again, even when I start the car - the alarm doesn't disarm.
There is a whole bunch of wires I haven't installed yet, door trigger, handbrake, footbrake and I think that's pretty much it but I don't see how this will affect the alarm from disarming when the car is started.

There was 4 main wires
- Red was obviously constant power / I wired this to the 12 V constant from the radio
- Black was ground / Hooked this up to the ground that is located on the left hand side of steering column which the dash loom is connected too.

Two wires going to the ignition
- One goes to start position
- One goes to the one position

Wired these both into the ignition switch.

Would this cause the problem?

- Door trigger wire

Supposedly it's the green and red wire - I know it's the correct one because when I cut that wire the passenger trigger doesn't work but the driver trigger still works though? I have read up that people just tap into the a piller and use the domelight thing - but then they need to run a relay this and that. Shed some lights?

- Brake Light

I know there is a wire behind the switch but is there an easier stop to get to it because the fuse box and all that crap is in the way

Thanks in advance.

Wiring Diagram Below.

cbauto
12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Make and model would help.

integraR
12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Make and model would help.

Crx gen 2

cbauto
13-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Of the alarm.

EBay alarm doesn't help

cbauto
13-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Could be options you set on the alarm itself

dorikin
13-02-2014, 10:30 AM
First of all you need to connect everything as per your wiring diagram.

If it's re-arming itself, that suggests it can't detect your ignition/start input AND/OR it hasn't detected a door has been opened. Re-wire all of this exactly as shown in the diagram.

It also looks like you have a remote start feature which is another reason why you should connect the proper wires to the START signal

shk_20
13-02-2014, 08:38 PM
CBAUTO ; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CRIMEFIGHTER-CF-5-LCD-1-Way-Car-Alarm-System-Remote-Start-w-Central-Locking-Kit-/171194694097?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27dbffb9d1

That's the alarm.

- Would the reason why the alarm isn't dis arming or arming is because I have no plugged in the door triggers?
- The car does have remote car start feature as well. I've wired it correctly to the ignition wire harness

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1988-1991/Honda/CRX/957.html

I followed that wiring diagram.

shk_20
13-02-2014, 08:48 PM

As requested.

shk_20
13-02-2014, 08:51 PM