PDA

View Full Version : dc2 vtir sway bars into ek1

Cuts205
18-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Can't seem to find a definitive answer either here or elsewhere on the internet

Swapping sway bars from a dc2 vtir into an ek1 will both front and rear bolt right in using all the stock hardware (end links, brackets etc). Or is custom end links, LCA's or other hardware necessary.

Never mind the rear subframe bracing I'll just make one.
Holes can be drilled if necessary.

Cheers.
Mitch

Hondarally
18-02-2014, 04:08 PM
I know for a fact that an EK sway bar won't go onto a DC / EG subframe as the bars are quite different in shape. Not certain the other way though. It might fit, but it won't be a neat fit as the DC2 bar has extra bends to clear the rear inner LCA mount bush. At best, the bar will hang low in places, at worst it just won't go. If I hadn't just spent the morning installing a DCR2 front bar into my EK (EG subframe) I'd do a trial fit onto an EK crossmember for you and post results. Now that the bar is in there, though, I'm not pulling it out in a hurry.

Also, the DC2 front end links won't fit the EK LCA's as they are a different style of link. I think that DC2 VTIR bar has the same end as an EG, which means that on an EK LCA, a DC2R end link (mounted upside down) should probably work (based on my research - haven't actually tried this combo). In fact, EK1 LCA's don't have the mounting bracket for the sway bar end link so you'd either need EK4 / EM1 front LCA's, or do the EG / DC2 LCA conversion but there's a bit of stuffing around to get that to work too. Basically to get EG / DC LCA's into an EK subframe you'll need new inner front bushes for the EG LCA's, with EK crush tubes to cater for the 14mm pivot bolt (EG have 12mm bolt)

I have a set of EK4 sway bars for sale (front bar doesn't have the D rubbers or U brackets, but everything else is there). See my for sale thread.

Baby Face
18-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Just to expand on above

DC2 and eg endlinks on the rear are the same, the type R ones are different (for the rear)

the front Endlinks are different though so u have to use the links that come with the sway bar.
some egs dont even have sway bars the front LCA wont have mounting points.

Cuts205
18-02-2014, 07:28 PM
That's some pretty good info cheers guys.
EG and EK are reasonably different underneath though it seems, correct? The car in question is an Ek.

As for the mounting points for the end links I might have to get under and have a better look when I get it, I've got some racing beat adjustable ones I took off the rear of my 205 that I might be able to make do.

Rear should go right in thought correct?

Baby Face
20-02-2014, 12:11 AM
front is gonna be all out of wack. for rear, i think it will fit, if it is out it would be not by much with the right endlink it should go connect up.