PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Pump problem with DC2

proton
05-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I have a small problem with my 93 DC2 VTI-R, everytime I go to a petrol station to fill up, the pump cuts off every litre or so even though she's empty. It takes me 40 swueezes of the pump to fill up. Someone told me that its a design flaw and the car can't take the pressure of the pumps but that seems like BS to me, anyone know what I can do to remedy it? All help is appreciated. and yes I've done a search to no avail.

panda[cRx]
05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
i've had that in my crx and also on a legend. i think its the pumps and not the cars coz it only happens at some petrol stations. shits me up the wall!!:mad:

traumatized
05-04-2005, 08:11 PM
do you put the pump on an angle when you pour petrol?

tRipitaka
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I had this problem with my civic, and still do..
the guy at BP told me to move the nozzle around cos cars were made differently etc..
I tried moving the nozzle around, and it works..
Give it a go!

proton
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Um....what do you mean at an angle? Its at the normal angle that everyone pumps petrol at the moment. Any other suggestion?

tRipitaka
05-04-2005, 08:17 PM
nah, move it around..
try twisting it maybe ?
the way I do it, is push down on the handle part, put pressure on it and it flows like a mfkr..
before i found out how to do it, I was at the petrol station for atleast 15 minutes..
now, 3 minutes ..

proton
05-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Alright, sounds like good advise, I will try it out thanks for everyone's help

panda[cRx]
05-04-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah i just put it at an angle now too but it still shits me when shouldnt have to!

tRipitaka
05-04-2005, 08:22 PM
']yeah i just put it at an angle now too but it still shits me when shouldnt have to!

eh, aslong as it pumps petrol into your car at a fast rate.. does it really matter ? ;)

yfin
05-04-2005, 08:24 PM
I used to work in petrol stations for years - the trick is to NOT put the nozzle all the way in - keep only the first section of the nozzle in (the first 5 cms). Then hold nozzle centre and LOW as possible. Works everytime.

zco
are you talking about.. when you go to press the petrol thingy.. it cuts off after like 3 seconds ?

its normal. i pull the hose out of the tank abit.. dont put it all the way in.. and it seems to work.

panda[cRx]
meh shut up, why be difficult for huh? :p

panda[cRx]
05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
are you talking about.. when you go to press the petrol thingy.. it cuts off after like 3 seconds ?

its normal. i pull the hose out of the tank abit.. dont put it all the way in.. and it seems to work.

i usually pull out a lil bit and turn almost 90 deg to the left coz the pumps at the servo near my joint are fussy lol

traumatized
05-04-2005, 08:39 PM
i always put the pump at a diagonal ( something like this \ where the top half is the nozle and the bottom is the hose heheh great diagram aye) and it never cuts on me.

bennjamin
05-04-2005, 09:31 PM
there is a small bypass tube on the bottom of every petrol filler ( have a look - jsut dont spray urself in the eye lol) ....the point is it cuts off the liquid flow before you overfill your tank.
So , im sure other situiations could emulate such a procedure.

Just try and let the filler sit on the last "hook" on the nozzle ( thats the best way to describe it i guess)

thanh
06-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Easy... when you fill up, push the pump down to the floor.

try it out cos i had the small problem

Lepperfish
06-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Ive had this problem with all my tegs..

But now it doesnt affect me. Like everyone else has said, just move the bowser around and you'll find a point that will work fine..

I remember buying my LS teg and trying to fill it up for like 15 mins.

Bludger
08-04-2005, 04:32 AM
you gotto keep the nozzle sort of horizontal and increase pump presure slowly

Ironfist
08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Meh i say it's the pump not the car. At this Shell servo one of the pumps constantly does that all the others are fine and i shove the nossle all the way in. I think it's better to have the nozzle all the way in when your filling to the top so that the petrol doesn't spill out when the lever clicks

keztec
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
pull it out a little when pumping

mooshie
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Its both the pump and the car, cars have different filler necks and we usually find that Hondas and Mitsubishis are the worst when it comes to the clicking off problem. listen to what all the others have said and angle the nozzle. the reason it happens at some servos and not others is that they have different flow rates (usually bettween 10-35 LPM) and also the state of the fuel filter in the pump can affect the clicking problem. Trust me i help people with this EVERY ****IN DAY! (not that i'm bitter or anything.....)