PDA

View Full Version : buying a civic

stormridah
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
hey guys, im thinking about buying a 92 si civic sedan, but the seller lives near the beach. I was talking to my dad about it and he says there could be possibilities of rust.

What should i look out for? Or which parts in particular are likely to rust?

Thanks guys!

NightRyder
05-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Dude, it's fairly simple, just look at the door edges and under, roof rack lining, guards around the wheel, edges along the boot door or bonnet, antenna position and anywhere in the engine bay even the outer windscreen edges.
Try those places in the first instance and then check under around the bottom of the car.

Hope this helps..

Cheers

hey guys, im thinking about buying a 92 si civic sedan, but the seller lives near the beach. I was talking to my dad about it and he says there could be possibilities of rust.

What should i look out for? Or which parts in particular are likely to rust?

Thanks guys!

bennjamin
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
look especially in the inner gaurds behind the tyres , rear bumper area - open the boot and pull out the spare tyre and have alook around inside for signs of internal rust and or repair. Look for bubbles in the paint - a sign that there is rust eating its way thru.

Ofcourse, you next step is to get a professional to check it our ( such as RTA or stateraods etc)

best of luck...

stormridah
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
yeah ill definately get it checked by someone. Will the nrma dude check for rust? or does he just check that the engines working alrite?

Also do you know of any good companies that do those mechanic checks?

bennjamin
05-04-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah ill definately get it checked by someone. Will the nrma dude check for rust? or does he just check that the engines working alrite?

Also do you know of any good companies that do those mechanic checks?

a NRMA or any inspector will check for visible surface rust , and rust in odd places but its up you to search further.

Try Stateroads or NRMA ( in NSW) for good reliable car inspections ( look it up in google.com.au)