PDA

View Full Version : clutch issue on dc5r

RA73DR
25-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Hey guys,
I have an issue that i am hoping you can help me with as i am kind of giving up on the mechanic.
I bought my dc5r in july last year and at the end of the month i had the clutch changed to an exedy sports organic clutch and had the fly wheel machined.
the car was running fine till a month ago all of a sudden in traffic, it stopped going in and out of gears and there was no pressure in the clutch pedal, it would get stuck to the ground.
i had that same mechanic change my master and slave cylinder .
since i have had them changed, i returned back to them to re adjust my clutch bite point as it was all the way at the top.
these past couple of days i noticed sometimes, if i was pushing the car to the redline, it would not go into gear as smooth as it usually does. this may occur for a couple of minutes then be alright.
also today the clutch point went all the way to the bottom by itself in the middle of driving so that as soon as i disengage the clutch it will bite.
i also noticed a strange rattling noise from under the car or int ehe engine bay somewehere at lower revs like 3k ish.

does anyone know what the issue may be ?

thanks

chez00
04-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Maybe get a fresh opinion on the issue from a trusted Honda mechanic? (there are a few traders on here or ask around). Or you could request a clutch system bleed from your existing mechanic - there may be residual air in the lines.

Does the rattle go away when you depress the clutch? I've seen a broken shift fork more than once in these. You can actually peek in through the fork boot and have a look reasonably easily.

Extremer!
04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
As chez00 suggests it might be the fork(s) . I hav also seen the input bearing been completly distroyed as well as the last Kseries (6speed) that I rebuilt the c-clip was half broken and the countershaft had a lot of play causing a lot of problems like rattle noise , crunching etc.

Where are you located ?!

RA73DR
10-03-2014, 05:06 PM
i am located at campbelltown.
UPDATE: yesterday it would not go into first gear when i stop at traffic lights. sometimes would not go into other gears while driving, i had to pump the clutch pedal a few times before attempting again and it being successful. i took it to the mechanic again today, he bled it and tried adjusting the clutch again and said their isnt much play in terms of adjustment. he said he is pretty certain that it is the pressure plate.
what do you think ? anyone ? i am still struggling to believe that i am going to be replacing my exedy sports organic clutch in under 20000km of use.
he said the clutch disk is fine it is gripping, not slipping, buthe thinks it is the pressure plate as he is certain it isnt the slave and master cylinder.

Extremer!
10-03-2014, 09:46 PM
That is not weird . This can happen to any brand that is why they call it material defects and that it why manufacture warranty is given . It might be the whole kit . I have kits that have 500-1500km's on them and they where slipping and causing problem to the customers cars . Do you want to come by my workshop on Wednesday or Thursday so I can have a look at it ?!

RA73DR
10-03-2014, 11:13 PM
exedy dont have warranty for "sports clutch" so i basically have to purchase another one , decided to go with competition clutch. i would love another opinion, but i was actually thinking to take it to the workshop today, to get it done. if not i am keen.

amant02
10-03-2014, 11:59 PM
If you want, I'm located at ingleburn. I have a fork thats going out. If u want to hear mine. Send us a PM. Imma drop my subframe very soon.

I launched at 7k. I think the grease burnt out damaging my fork.

Extremer!
11-03-2014, 08:32 AM
I can supply you with Clutch Masters clutch kits . Clutch Masters are 100% USA made and they are the record holders in the USA and Europe . Some cars that use Clutch Masters are the DriveShaft Shop EG (1st KSeries in the world to go 9sec N/A) SuperTech Integra and so on . Comes with warranty .

Extremer!
11-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Any updates ?!

RA73DR
12-03-2014, 08:25 PM
yeah, i had competition stage 2 clutch and light fly wheel installed. went to drive off 20 metres down crunched in third and fourth. started stop starting, difficult to go into first sometimes etc.
mechanic spent an hour trying to adjust the pedal, said that the previous mechanics - basically screwed the bolt on the clutch pedal, apparently it wasnt tightened properly and something based off that could have really messed up my pressure plate on my old sports organic clutch that only did 18000 kms.
after that, clutch was bled, tried driving it again, but mechanic doesnt feel right, in terms of pedal pressure, came to the conclusion that it must be the master and slave cylinder that the alst mechanic installed, protex brand.
going to install second hand oem ones tomorrow, due to me being broke from that clutch job and not being able to get new ones, for the time being. hopefully that fixed it because i am so frustrated.

Extremer!
12-03-2014, 08:43 PM
You say in your first post that you have changed them ! If they are faulty then they are under warranty . After the bleed did it crunch again ?! When you state crunch , how many revs did you have etc.

RA73DR
13-03-2014, 06:49 PM
update, mehcanics recommended to change my slave and master cylinder once again to oem products, as the last mechanic a month ago used some other brand, had oem installed, car is fine now, runs good, clearly the other slave and master cylinder damaged the pressure plate and were not operating effectively. will try seeking some compensation due to their stuff up basically.