PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Fan Alternator drive belt

aldo10
27-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Just thought I would list it here for reference.

I bought Gates Micro V Horizon from Repco for $49. It's a European made belt versus the Chinese Gates that Supercheap market under their Calibre brand. Perhaps there is no difference I am unsure.

I was at Honda for my oil filter etc and they wanted $154 for a genuine. I couldn't really afford/justify that difference.

I went with a 7PK1760, judging by the arrow indicator I believe I could have slipped the 1750 in.

I slipped the plastic cover slightly ajar by removing the most visible plastic clip in the wheel arch as this helped me quickly fit the new belt around the crank and aircond pulleys.

aldo10
17-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Well after putting a few kms on the new belt I realise I have definitely bought the wrong belt. The indicator on the tensioner is pointing to the end of its limit.

Looks like a bit of a lesson learned and should have stuck with genuine.

Mind you travelling from Supercheap to Autobarn and Repco I found they listed 3 different length belts for my vehicle. I bought the longest one.

Jasemas
18-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Do you still have the old belt?
The first 3 numbers tells you how many ribs it has - 7pk
While the last 3 numbers tell you the length
So if the gates one is longer or shorter you have your answer
You should of compared lengths before you installed the belt

aldo10
18-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Yep still have the old belt. The new one was shorter against the old one but seemed to stretch quickly over the week.

My genuine old belt has no marking to help identify its length.

aaronng
25-03-2014, 08:25 PM
The correct size is the 1750. I made the same mistake in the past with the 1760.

aldo10
25-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks. I might still take a punt with the Gates 1750 vs genuine. It's a bit of a lesson but still $50 in front.