PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with New Honda Odyssey

varsur
01-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Bought new Odyssey 2014 VTI-L and noticed that most of the features are not available such as unlocking doors when walking away from car, Auto Lock doors when taking off, Driver profile memory, Fold mirrors from remote and many more. Not sure who decides from Honda Australia what features should we have and what we should not. I am sure some idiot is sitting there deciding.

mariomart
01-03-2014, 03:43 PM
That's something that has always been a bug bear with me when I purchased my 2011 Ody Lux. The user manual has all these fantastic instructions for great features, however they are not available in Australia :( .

I love my Ody, however I have always been disappointed with the factory SatNav and missing "features". I paid a premium for the Luxury model, yet the SatNav feels like a rubbish Chinese product with less functionality than a standard $150 standalone unit.

Poor show Honda. I'm pretty certain that there are many current Ody owners that when the time comes to upgrade will look at the "New Tarago" made by Honda and opt to go for one of the many other 7 or 8 seaters currently in the market. The people mover crown will definitely be lost.

amant02
01-03-2014, 03:56 PM
It also looks hideous in my view.

bennjamin
01-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Some options are turned OFF according to the cars software - you might be able to turn some on via a OBD2 port interface much like VCDS on European cars.
As for the things you can't fix why buy the car before doing the research ?

varsur
03-03-2014, 07:31 AM
It also looks hideous in my view.

The new model that came out in Feb 2014 looks really good so I won't say its hideous which tempted me to buy odyssey. I hate the old look as well.

curtis265
03-03-2014, 08:58 AM
sounds like you didn't do any reading or research before commmitting a big sum of cash..
I'm sure you can retrofit/switch on these things anyway

amant02
04-03-2014, 02:50 AM
The new model that came out in Feb 2014 looks really good so I won't say its hideous which tempted me to buy odyssey. I hate the old look as well.

Say wot?

RB1 damn that sexy thang.

SQXPRT
08-03-2014, 10:44 PM
I don't like the new (2015) one at all - and still with the pissy 2.4l engine.. it should have the 3.5l V6.

as for those missing features - I had the same issue with my 2013 model, but got over it pretty quick.
Replaced the stereo with an Alpine unit - much better sound and the latest Nav goodies.
The Bluetooth in the Alpine is much better too, as you can stream music from a different device than the phone connection.
Also the Mirrorlink on the Alpine is good for android phone.

Anyways.. /rant for me.

sensei_
08-03-2014, 11:00 PM
not just odyssey. even the flagship legend has lots of features that are omitted from the local australian models.

C4M
22-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Replaced the stereo with an Alpine unit - much better sound and the latest Nav goodies.
The Bluetooth in the Alpine is much better too, as you can stream music from a different device than the phone connection.
Also the Mirrorlink on the Alpine is good for android phone.

Two questions:

* Which Alpine deck?
* Does it interface with the steering wheel buttons?

C!
(Been an age since I've posted - I sold the 2005 Oddy Lux for a 2010 Oddy Lux, and off to look at a Jazz today. I do like Hondas!

C!

aka_NSX
23-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Two questions:

* Which Alpine deck?
* Does it interface with the steering wheel buttons?

C!
(Been an age since I've posted - I sold the 2005 Oddy Lux for a 2010 Oddy Lux, and off to look at a Jazz today. I do like Hondas!

C!

basically you can do it with any unit, yes the steering button still work, I can make the OEM camera works with the aftermarket headunit, and I can do Full Custom Fiberglass Box on the side for your Odys,

anyway if you want to know more please PM,

cheers
--

denot
26-03-2014, 03:11 PM
basically you can do it with any unit, yes the steering button still work, I can make the OEM camera works with the aftermarket headunit, and I can do Full Custom Fiberglass Box on the side for your Odys,

anyway if you want to know more please PM,

cheers
--
Mate, will it still works with their 360 degree camera, etc? But I'm sure Hondalink wont work right (I'm a Samsung user anyway)?

aka_NSX
28-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Mate, will it still works with their 360 degree camera, etc? But I'm sure Hondalink wont work right (I'm a Samsung user anyway)?

Sorry for misunderstanding, I was refering to the guy that asked regarding his 2010 n 2013 model, and I havent had any experienced yet with 2014, cheers

varsur
28-03-2014, 05:16 PM
I called Honda Australia asking for explanation and I was told that if many Odyssey customers calls us and request this we may provide this feature as an update later. So I would say if you own Honda Odyssey call Honda Australia and ask them to provide this.

denot
30-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I called Honda Australia asking for explanation and I was told that if many Odyssey customers calls us and request this we may provide this feature as an update later. So I would say if you own Honda Odyssey call Honda Australia and ask them to provide this.

Exactly what happened with their other cars as well... not gonna happened. or they will bring them in, but as extras that we need to pay