PDA

View Full Version : My first questions about my first Honda

skozzy
02-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Probably lame questions comming, but for me it is new information since an Honda is new to me.

2010 Accord Euro CU Luxury Navi 2.4i. Can this machine use regular unleaded or Ethonol Blended. If not can anything be changed/modded (like ecu) to allow it. Or what nasty things can happen if the wrong fuel is used.

My premium sound system doesn't have a USB connecter in the center console, is it an optional extra and can one be installed.

The interior is all leather and from other peoples experiance, what should I clean it with and how often.

The sound system has a 6 stack CD player in the dash, but I see a DVD player in the boot, is this DVD player capable of playing DVDs or is it used for the Navi system only.

Thanks for your time.

rokkuchan
02-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Fuel: 95 minimum is recommended. You can use 91 but will sacrifice performance and may cause engine knocks. The ECU will re-adjust timing to prevent this as much as possible but it can only do so much before it's a mechanical problem. Dunno about ethanol but definitely requires ECU tuning for this.

USB: no usb. not sure about installing one.

Interior: I use Mothers cleaner and Mothers leather conditioner. Clean as many times as you think or looks dirty. I do maybe once a month or two.

DVD: It's a DVD-Rom with the Navi software DVD in it. Without the DVD your navi will not work. It's not a DVD-Player.

skozzy
03-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks. First full tank of fuel tonight, 95 Ron Premium. Trip computer says 760k from full. That should last me 5-6 weeks. Havn't driven much since my disability stops me from working now. Been looking online at USB mods/Head Unit replacements with more options then the premium sound system has.

Also stopped by a panel beaters today to get a quote on fixing stone chips and a polish/wax. While the dealership did a nice job before I drove it home it was still 'Meh' I used to do better then that years ago. Even waxed i can still feel grit in the clearcoat.

Also in all, I feel like a king when behind the wheel, a feeling I never really had with my previous cars.

antony
10-03-2014, 05:31 PM
You certainly do feel like a king behind the wheel of a Euro