PDA

View Full Version : Tyre rotation accord euro 2005

littlegun
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi Guys,
Can you explaine which tyre moves where , when I rotate my tyres as part of normal service

Thanks Rob

curtis265
06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
it's in your owners manual.

or if you google 'tyre rotation'

http://www.lets-getaway.com/images/tyre_rotation.jpg

dove grey 64
06-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Be mind full that you could have directional tyres, it should say so on the tyrewall.
There are myths that circulate about always keeping the rolling direction the same throughout the life of a tyre (non directional).
I've never had issues putting them on the opposite side rolling the opposite direction.

rokkuchan
06-03-2014, 04:03 PM
it's in your owners manual.

or if you google 'tyre rotation'

http://www.lets-getaway.com/images/tyre_rotation.jpg

this is for SUV's/4wd's, which commonly have uni-directional tyres. Don't do this with if you have directional tyres... Rotation will be just front-left TO rear-left / front-right TO rear-right etc.

curtis265
06-03-2014, 04:45 PM
I posted that given the assumption it was on typical passenger tyres.

stndrd
06-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I do not recommend tyre rotations on an independant suspension vehicle.

By rotataing your tyres, you are effectively masking any alignment or suspension issues abnormal tyre wear would otherwise show. Also instead of wearing out one or two tyres abnormally, you will now cost yourself 4 tyres

dove grey 64
07-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I do not recommend tyre rotations on an independant suspension vehicle.

By rotataing your tyres, you are effectively masking any alignment or suspension issues abnormal tyre wear would otherwise show. Also instead of wearing out one or two tyres abnormally, you will now cost yourself 4 tyres

Thats sound advice. Unless your doing front wheel burnouts or super hard cornering you shouldn't have to rotate.
I had a set of yoko c drives on a forester gt (wifes car) with a perfect wheel alignment. Always ran 38psi.
Tyres lasted 100, 000ks before needing replacement. All had perfect wear