PDA

View Full Version : Keep shocks and springs or get coilovers??

Hellsing
06-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi guys,

I use my dc5r as a daily, and my rear shockie's leaking. I've tried looking for genuine Honda shockies but apparently they're hard to come by and safest choice is to get ripped off by the Honda dealers.

Since I drive it everyday to go to work, I'm relunctant on getting coilovers. Anyone know where I can get some reliable shockies?

Or if you're pro-coilovers, any suggestions on coilovers that aren't too harsh on the suspension and won't make my daily drive a bumpy one? Thanks! :)

Fredoops
07-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Koni yellow's or Koni Orange are good.

but

once you have shocks ect put in you will be apporaching prices of some coils.

so it's a bit of a ... why not just go all the way kind of thing.

Hellsing
07-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Koni yellow's or Koni Orange are good.

but

once you have shocks ect put in you will be apporaching prices of some coils.

so it's a bit of a ... why not just go all the way kind of thing.

Ahh ok, Thanks Fred! Where in Australia can I buy the Koni shocks? I've had a search but could only see wholesalers, no retails :(

Won't coilovers be very hard suspensions? I use my car as a daily and would dread a bumpy ride everyday. I also messed up one of my discs in my lower back so I'm pushing it driving in a bucket seat already :P

Fredoops
07-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Where are you located?

Hellsing
07-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Where are you located?

I'm in Perth. I guess you have connections in Melb? :P

Fredoops
07-03-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm in Perth. I guess you have connections in Melb? :P

Sydney actually,

wholesale suspension is the shop, they used to be a trader here, they were pretty good. being in perth you'll probably need to look at shipping on top.

Hellsing
07-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Sydney actually,

wholesale suspension is the shop, they used to be a trader here, they were pretty good. being in perth you'll probably need to look at shipping on top.

Oh ok misleading "location" tag :P Cool I'll have a check at 'wholesale suspension'! Thanks!