PDA

View Full Version : Hello

IntegriliciouS
07-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey peepz!
I got my DC2R 6 months ago and i think ive driven it enough as a stocky!
I wanna start packing on the mods slowly but surely and im just wondering the things i should do with my car (and why), performance wise, and in the order of which i should do them!!

Alotta help and Reccomendations plz
thanx guys :P

By the way my DC2R is absolutely stock cept for my clutch which is some sort of sports clutch~! :shock:

tanghy
07-01-2004, 03:10 PM
first mod = extractors

fried
07-01-2004, 05:11 PM
and add to the extractors / headers.... a nice 2.5" catback exhuast ;)

lotsa air flow, and mid and hi range power ;)

some cold air intake...

THEN... change ur computer maybe ;)

and yeah....

ginganggooly
07-01-2004, 05:14 PM
howdy :)

for a start, what are you after from the car? going to the track etc?
drag racing?

how civilised would you like it?

* even if you supply this information, i will probably not be able to help you- some of the other members might be of more use though :)

vti-2
07-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Do a search to start with, i'm sure this has been discussed on this forum.

Anyway, the first performance mod for any Honda should be I/H/E. After that, the options are close to unlimited.

What are you after from your car? Top end power?

If you drive it everyday and like to drag at the lights go for 4-2-1 extractors but if you do a lot of track work and need top end go for 4-1.

Again... search is your friend.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/search.php

Have fun!

Tofu
07-01-2004, 06:45 PM
if you want to find out why you should have a certain mod/part, then don't do it...
because that statement just sounds like you personally are not ready to want to make it worth while for yourself
you will get things that others tell/suggests you to get without really knowing why "you" want/need it

if you ponder around and wanting to know every little detail, you'll drive yourself nuts...if you got the money, just go and do it...work things out for yourself, try it out.

here's my other suggestion
air filter (keep stock air box) with cold air feed
exhaust...both these should end up being around $1500
then once you got more $$$, get headers
the suspension on the dc2r is solid as stock..no need to do anything for now

soul4real
08-01-2004, 12:02 AM
With my DC2 I got it done in this order:

air filter
exhaust

Will be getting headers and tuning fuel/ignition timings, maybe cam gears too.

Also somewhere in between there I put in bilstein shocks.

What else can you do, I guess after that you have to decide whether you want to stay NA or go FI.

IntegriliciouS
08-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Cool guys thanx for the replies

I think i wanna get mods done to my car to better my take off speed and not really track (top end) speed. I want to improve my 0-100 and qtr mile speeds.

Ill probably go with the 4-2-1 extractors first as others have reccomened it the best mod to put on first

VTEC16
23-02-2004, 12:41 PM
With my DC2 I got it done in this order:

air filter
exhaust

Will be getting headers and tuning fuel/ignition timings, maybe cam gears too.

Also somewhere in between there I put in bilstein shocks.

What else can you do, I guess after that you have to decide whether you want to stay NA or go FI.

You'd want to work out whether you wanna go NA or FI BEFORE you get expensive extractors :P

UR2L8
23-02-2004, 03:55 PM
If you want off the lights speed or quarter mile improvement. You should get some:
4-2-1 Headers- try not too sacrifise $$ try to go all out and buy a good brand because headers are the most important in the exhaust stage.
Catback exhaust- should find a decent one for around $1500.
If you are bit of a rich cu.... then get a Spoon Final Drive set there are two ratios get the lowest one if you say you dont want top end speed.
ECU- Hondata S200 or something along those lines, hard to get a better ECU than that one but never know.

Rowie
23-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi, welcome to ozhona :)

Hows the mods coming along?

A'PEXi
23-02-2004, 05:35 PM
hey mate, welcome to the forums :D to start off, i/h/e... very common nowdays

BLKCRX
23-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Tuning should be the 1st thing anyone does ! you will be supposed how hard you can push any stock Honda ! with even the stock air box !

Regards James

IRI
23-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Tuning should be the 1st thing anyone does ! you will be supposed how hard you can push any stock Honda ! with even the stock air box !

Regards James

So you will get a good noticeable difference with Hondata even on a stocker?

XXpl0Sive
23-02-2004, 08:50 PM
I'd probably go in this order:
Good Rubber w/ Light wheels (I'm not sure how light the stockies are)
Hi Flow Filter w/ CAI
2.25" Exhaust System
Extractors
Adjustable Cam Gears
Computer

I'm probably wrong on a lot of counts so don't take my word for it :)

joneblaze
23-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Ben I think the stock ITR rubber are the dunlop FM901s or similar...really good rubber?
And the rims are lightweight already, made by Enkei?

Jim80y
23-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Stock ITR rubber is Bridgestone RE010, pretty good until about 50% wear. On FM901s now and like them more than RE010s.

olda
24-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey peepz!
I got my DC2R 6 months ago and i think ive driven it enough as a stocky!
I wanna start packing on the mods slowly but surely and im just wondering the things i should do with my car (and why), performance wise, and in the order of which i should do them!!

Alotta help and Reccomendations plz
thanx guys :P

By the way my DC2R is absolutely stock cept for my clutch which is some sort of sports clutch~! :shock:

The KEY POINT is to decide very early in the piece, which way u gone head, N/A or F/I as indicated by other guys. 8)
U'll save your self a bundle of money staying away from costly headers, if u end up going turbo. :dance:
However, if u stay N/A, then get the best money can buy. Mugen, Toda, Spoon. :thumbsup:
Leave headers as the last mod. Stock headers are quite capable anyway.
Don't forget to dyno your Teg, before u start piling up mods. Ideally u should confirm (on dyno), the outcome of your mods, one after the other.
That would give u the best indication what's each mod worth. ;)
And please, don't forget to let us know of your progress! GOOD LUCK :!: :!: :!:

felixR
24-02-2004, 07:49 PM

the stock ausdm dc2r headers are CRAPPPP.. soo SMALL!!!!

an aftermarket header such as TODA/SPOON should be the first mod + high flow cat..

tanghy
24-02-2004, 10:26 PM

the stock ausdm dc2r headers are CRAPPPP.. soo SMALL!!!!

an aftermarket header such as TODA/SPOON should be the first mod + high flow cat..

i second that