PDA

View Full Version : EK1 hatch revving higher than standard, but no aparent upgrades??

Vatorz
18-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Came across another ek1 hatch this arvo in my travels, won't get into details but had a little fun and we both had noticed that my 99 ek1, wiped clean his 96-98 ek1, both hatches, (rock stock I believe). I bought the car completely standard a year ago, and I've only got an exhaust system on the car.

but for some reason I could increase revs much longer without cut off and he was struggling to keep up, he said that he ran out of revs, I changed at 7k, but could rev til 7,200...? he said his was 6.8k cut off? is this correct or is my car running something different I'm un-aware of?

I have only two seats yes (as it's really just being setup for track use) but it still wouldn't be the reason for the rev difference? :confused:

anyone that could enlighten me would be much help!

amant02
19-03-2014, 12:49 AM
His car is missing wires. Swear.

In All seriousness, this is a hard question to answer. Ur mate should start off with a Compression test? See if that reveals anything. I know my brothers D series has no problems till 7.5k., but his a project, and it sounds like the motor is farting.

Shit my DC5R says redline just before 8k, i nearly always go past the 8k.