PDA

View Full Version : EK4 clutch problem maybe?

revnss
21-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Hey guys,

I have an EK4 vtir B16A2, not that it should be related but I had my car in at the panel beaters to get some touch ups and it was fine before I dropped it off.

Since I picked it up the last two days a couple of times when I go to take off it moves but very slowly and the engine revs up but doesn't actually accelerate properly. After a little bit it will kick in with a jolt and then go, once its going I can drive it hard with no problems, doesn't struggle taking off up a hill, and tends to only do it when I first start it and take off.

I did a search but couldn't come up with anything, has anyone had similar issues or know of what it may be?

My first thoughts were slipping clutch or maybe clutch not disengaging properly, but it just doesn't do it often enough which is what has me confused.

Cheers for your help, Josh.

bennjamin
21-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Sounds like the panel beater took your car for a thrash or took it home overnight and ****ed up your clutch

EKVTIR-T
21-03-2014, 02:53 PM
slipping worn/glazed clutch from abuse

revnss
21-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Hmm i figured that would be the reply's, what would you guys do? Other than change it obviously, go hit the panel beater up and ask what the hell happened?

revnss
21-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Might also mention that in two days of driving its only done it four times, and just when i first take off, never after that.

Jasemas
21-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Did you record your kms on your odometer before sending it off?

revnss
22-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I did and it was the same, maybe 1 or 2 k.

It's has started slipping more now while driving so I'd say its time for an upgrade!!

Limbo
25-03-2014, 02:24 PM
you have a turbo civic it was bound to happen.
My exedy sports organic only lasted 12,000km before it started to slip.

EKVTIR-T
25-03-2014, 02:52 PM
you have a turbo civic it was bound to happen.
.regardless of if its turbo he said

and it was fine before I dropped it off.

so the panel shop has done something and should be accountable

anyone would be pissed off

Limbo
25-03-2014, 03:57 PM
yeah but how you going to prove it?
and the cost involved isn't worth the time.
a new clutch will be about $800 installed. Spending time chasing it isn't going to help much. Legals is usually $300 per hr min. and if you can't prove it your not gona get anywhere.
Live and learn. You know its not a place you can trust. Move on, like i said you were going to need on soon anyway. Don't waste more of your time