PDA

View Full Version : How to get vtec rush with auto?

euro77
07-01-2004, 04:03 PM
I got a jazz vti as a replacement car as my euro is being serviced :(
I want to know how can I feel the vtec rush since it is auto? There doesn't seem to be a sequential shift, so I can't really hold the gear. :twisted:

Rowie
07-01-2004, 05:56 PM
the jazz is SOHC (i think), and seeing as its a replacement car, it would most probably all be stockie and you wont notice the VTEC :?

Load up the car with weight and floor it, from what some people have said in the forums :D

Tofu
07-01-2004, 06:51 PM
just floor it
:)

euro77
07-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Hehehe.... I did floor it before but it kept changing the gear at 5k at the highest. But that's before I realise that there is this CVT transmission thing in the Jazz VTi, so you can upshift & downshift manually F1 style :lol:
The button is on the steering wheel... nice.... so I did, first time it cuts off the fuel hahahaha... cause the red line is 6.5k. second time I tried, shift it at red line... very quick... I won against a civic gli and a commodore with exhaust sound so loud I can't hear myself think :D
A commodore? that's right... he must be unable to drive. or maybe it's just a 4 cylinder commodore (if there's any)

Setanta
07-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Sell the Jazz and buy a DOHC VTEC car - even then, the "rush" you talk about isn't what a lot of people make it out to be.

mo
07-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Sell the Jazz and buy a DOHC VTEC car - even then, the "rush" you talk about isn't what a lot of people make it out to be.

LOL he doesn't own a Jazz Pete, it's a replacement car while he's Accord Euro is getting serviced...hahah

A'PEXi
08-01-2004, 12:44 AM
lmfao thrashing replacement cars :D

Slugoid
08-01-2004, 02:00 AM
You get a Jazz while your car is being serviced?? Lucky you. All I got when I serviced the Accord was a return trip in an Odyssey and to get a replacement car would cost me like $50 a day. :(

As for VTEC rush, PPFT!! There is no rush in a DOHC VTEC unless it's coming from a ITR, CTR, S2K or NSX (or cars fitted with those engines), period!! I was so disappointed when I took the Accord to VTEC for the first time, and comparing that experience with VTEC in a DC2R...

euro77
08-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Well, I felt it a bit since there are the 4 of us in the car :lol: and I can feel how the car bogs down with four of us instead of just me.

Who's your dealer? My dealer has always provided me with free replacement car since I bought my first car (civic) with them, and that includes the pick-up and drop-off service :D So basically they come to me, give me a car, and the next day, bring the car back to me ;)

I've tasted HRV, CRV, Civic Hatch, and Jazz now thanks to them hahahaha.... I wish they have S2000 and Integra for replacement car :twisted:

[[d a n n y]]
08-01-2004, 09:59 AM
floor it works well in the odyssey

bennjamin
08-01-2004, 10:53 AM
You have already *got* the rush......its called VTEKK MATE !

bwhahhahahahahah

Slugoid
08-01-2004, 02:14 PM
My dealer is Gary & Warren smith, down Princess Hwy...service is not bad and near my place. Maybe it's because I went into the dealer alone, booking the service appointment and they look at me and go "damn kids, as if I'm gonna lend u a car" :P

Maybe I need some connections...

Rowie
08-01-2004, 03:57 PM
My dealer is Gary & Warren smith, down Princess Hwy...service is not mad and near my place. Maybe it's because I went into the dealer alone, booking the service appointment and they look at me and go "damn kids, as if I'm gonna lend u a car" :P

Maybe I need some connections...Should have got your mum to take it to service and get a replacement car?? Its her car afterall :D Might have had more chances that way ;)

Tofu
08-01-2004, 08:40 PM
just a note to everyone...the Jazz is quite a quick car for what it is...
i hate to say this..but sometimes i have trouble keeping up with my friends' Jazz on the street
he has Fujitsubo Power Getter, Trust air filter carbon fiber hood, and SAFC2...
then i had a stock auto dc5...

they can be quite zippy... :D

euro77
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah.. it was quite quick, and quicker than my previous civic gli :D
I think the power to weight ratio is a winner :rolleyes: