PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Service Interval

DLP
24-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi, I am new here, having just purchased a 2011 MY12 Jazz VTI-S.

The global Owner's Manual specifies a service interval of 12 months or 20,000km on page 277 under the title "Maintenance Schedule (Except Australia and New Zealand". There is no equivalent page in the manual for Australia and New Zealand.

The Australian Owner's Warranty and Service Manual specifies a service interval of 6 months or 10,000km.

I am having difficulty in understanding why an Aus or NZ delivered vehicle requires twice as much servicing as all the other countries in the World.

Can anybody shed some light on this ? I am suspecting that the 6 month interval might be related to a fixed price servicing plan that was being offered in 2011. In which case it should be called "fixed price servicing plan interval" rather than the true service interval.

Thanks, DLP

philip_pc
24-03-2014, 12:32 PM
don't think its related to the fixed price, as cars previous to them also were 6 months or 10,000km. My 08 Civic was also like that.
I too would like to know this. Maybe its just the conditions of the Country itself? or a revenue raising method?

But i dont think its just Honda, alot of japanese manufacturers also follow this servicing routine. I know that my Mazda and Dads Tarago also has these intervals

DLP
16-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I was hoping for a few more responses to this as both philip_pc and I keen to hear from those more knowledgable out there.

amant02
16-05-2014, 05:07 PM
DLP mate, tbh honest all modern day cars can do easily 15,000Kms+ with good oil and filter.

My bet would be on based on environmental. Due to the Car being Designed and Developed else where.

But then again, in some cases its the other way around. I know a few brands where Euro/Aust has a longer service interval vs USDM.

chez00
17-05-2014, 10:20 AM
I can't answer why the intervals are longer elsewhere: higher temps, poor fuel, crap roads. I can however suggest that you follow the 10k km guideline. I'd also be changing the gearbox oil every 12 months if you have a manual (I know nothing of the autos). Seriously the number of Jazz's that have failed bearings at around the 80k would keep me in business alone if everyone used me! The service intervals are far too long on the manual transmission. It's either an extra $100 per year on an oil change at your local mechanic, or a couple of grand and a huge inconvenience once you head towards the 100k mark when you find out your gearbox is stuffed.