PDA

View Full Version : Which Oil for 96 EK

boyricer
13-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi All,
I have a question that might sound noobish cause i am i guess but hope you can answer.
She's a GLi 96 EK (dont know which engine maybe you can tell me), bought 12 months ago 130,000ks, now due for an oil change. At the time i bought it i put the oil from Honda OEM just doing what i thought was best for the car. Now 12 months later and less than 10,000ks clocked up what are my best options. and should i do the change for frequent?
In the morning it has that tappet ticking sound that goes away. Is it just because the oil is low or should i consider using another grade/brand?
Guess it helps you to know thats its auto, lady driven, the car is not tired sounding at all, runs and drives very nice (i take when i have the chance instead of the SUV).

thanks in advance.

philip_pc
13-04-2014, 09:56 AM
the honda oil should be fine if your just daily driving

dove grey 64
13-04-2014, 05:23 PM
As above. Use the oem honda oil/filter if it works for you.
Rocker arm noise is normal while the car is cold. You should check the dip stick if your not aware of how much oil is in the motor

boyricer
14-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the advise guys, i bought my oil and filter along with spark plugs air and fuel filter, should keep me busy for a bit.