PDA

View Full Version : Detailing & Washing; not sure about what to do?, Ask here!

CarCareProducts
30-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Many of you are well aware on how to take care and protect your ride, but others are still not too sure or a bit confused.

We are always happy to offer you friendly advice, which hopefully can make things a little clearer and simpler to maintain and take care of your Honda, or whatever it is you may drive including daily and family movies!

Whether you want to keep it simple such as wash & dry, to the advanced 'how to correct my paint' or even paint protection we are able to give you some advice and guidance on how to do so.

So please, do not hesitate to PM us or simply post here and ask!

CarCareProducts
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
No one has any questions?

Are you all using the two bucket method to avoid scratching your paint? :p

curtis265
04-07-2014, 04:09 PM
What do you recommend for canvas care?

neut
04-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Microfibre to dry the car or..chamois towel? I use a mega plush size microfibre cloth to dry the car. Whats better against scratching the car when drying it? Thanks

cheapdouchebag
05-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Microfiber with long pile > chamois - less marring and devastating scratches.

Microfiber long pile vs waffle weave? That one I would like to know what is better.

DreadAngel
05-07-2014, 12:19 PM
No one has any questions?

Are you all using the two bucket method to avoid scratching your paint? :p

Two Bucket, uniform motion, clean cloths/pads/etc with *ahem* Mint MWash *ahem*...

CarCareProducts
07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
What do you recommend for canvas care?

303 Fabric Guard most definitely :)

Clean & Protect! You talking about a convertible roof?

CarCareProducts
07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Two Bucket, uniform motion, clean cloths/pads/etc with *ahem* Mint MWash *ahem*...

Well Mwash is to wash the cloths, not to use as a car wash :p lol

Definitely microfibre chamois, or microfibre waffle (Safest) but the long pile waffles and drying towels are also safe of course!

curtis265
07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
yeah convertible roof... suddenly not sure if it's vinyl or canvas now though.. haha

CarCareProducts
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
yeah convertible roof... suddenly not sure if it's vinyl or canvas now though.. haha

Haha! what car is it?

You have the 303 Convertible Roof Kits, vinyl here (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/303_products/convertible_vinyl_roof_cleaner_kit), and fabric kit here. (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/303_products/convertible_fabric_roof_cleaner_kit)

curtis265
07-07-2014, 08:36 PM
s2000 with EZ-on top

i'm reading conflicting things

oh and if i park in the rain for a couple of hours, should the roof be soggy looking?

blabla
07-07-2014, 09:41 PM
What is the best method to clean perpherated leather and a value for money leather care kit. What is recommended products for cars with soft paints and would it be better to apply with dual action orbital or hand?

CarCareProducts
09-07-2014, 03:07 PM
What is the best method to clean perpherated leather and a value for money leather care kit. What is recommended products for cars with soft paints and would it be better to apply with dual action orbital or hand?

trying to decipher your message! haha.

For leather, you can use a soft leather brush and cleaner to remove any dirt and condition afterwards. If required also seal the leather if need be to protect against contaminants, dirt, and transfer of dye from clothing. Duragloss offer a kit here which is quite handy (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/professional_leather_system).

The DAS6 or DAS6-Pro Kit's are perfect for basically any type of paint and can correct from hard ceramics to the softer japanese honda/subaru paints quite easily. Just remember you ideally should clay the car prior to any work and of course finish with your favourite wax, or synthetic sealant if you like instead.

cheapdouchebag
10-07-2014, 12:39 AM
thought i would just chime in, by no means to hijack. feel free to remove my post if deemed so.

Car care product's leather kit is great. Very good for the detailing hobbyist. The brush can really get into the textures of the leather. Duragloss's product quality range is great.

My method of cleaning and protecting perforated leather is that to START with the solid leather parts, work the protectants into your applicator as well as the seat. that way, you have minimal chance of letting the protectant seep down the perferations's holes due to the minimal ammount of conditioner you have on the applicator. If you have too much on your applicator the liquid will get stuck underneath the holes which looks very unsighly in sunlight.

I started with the DAS6 kit, not a bad starter only thing I would comment is the menzerna compounds on most modern honda paints (especially nighthawk black) is not great.
You can't go wrong and burn the paint unless your plain silly with the tool.
I found that the polish cakes on and sticks far to quick. I've had to spritz my passes or add a few drops onto my pad with mineral oil (baby oil) to keep it from gumming and caking, but the PF2500 makes a great single stepper as it cuts nicely removing all swirls and breaks down into a nice polish to finish, given that the paint is somewhat harder than most honda paints.

Then onwards, the world is your oyster, and carcareproducts stock a good range of worldwide products.

CarCareProducts
10-07-2014, 09:02 AM
thought i would just chime in, by no means to hijack. feel free to remove my post if deemed so.

Car care product's leather kit is great. Very good for the detailing hobbyist. The brush can really get into the textures of the leather. Duragloss's product quality range is great.

My method of cleaning and protecting perforated leather is that to START with the solid leather parts, work the protectants into your applicator as well as the seat. that way, you have minimal chance of letting the protectant seep down the perferations's holes due to the minimal ammount of conditioner you have on the applicator. If you have too much on your applicator the liquid will get stuck underneath the holes which looks very unsighly in sunlight.

I started with the DAS6 kit, not a bad starter only thing I would comment is the menzerna compounds on most modern honda paints (especially nighthawk black) is not great.
You can't go wrong and burn the paint unless your plain silly with the tool.
I found that the polish cakes on and sticks far to quick. I've had to spritz my passes or add a few drops onto my pad with mineral oil (baby oil) to keep it from gumming and caking, but the PF2500 makes a great single stepper as it cuts nicely removing all swirls and breaks down into a nice polish to finish, given that the paint is somewhat harder than most honda paints.

Then onwards, the world is your oyster, and carcareproducts stock a good range of worldwide products.

All good, not a hijack what so ever!

We have never had an issue using PF2500 on Honda Paints before, and from our side wouldnt recommend using mineral oil as this will break down the product more or not allow it to work at its full potential.

Causes normally of caking up and sticking is a factor of too high speed, and of course sticky honda paint! A speed of 3-4 on the honda with a medium pad and 2500 should sort it out pretty easily! Even those dreaded solid black s2000s! (ARgh!)