PDA

View Full Version : Changing Euro Muffler Tips?

stephen8512
07-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey guys

My mate wanted me to ask what the specs are to buy and fit aftermarket exhaust muffler tips on his stock euro muffler cuz he wants to change em for something a bit more chromy but doesnt have the money to get a full catback.

And he also wants to know if its possible to just change the muffler to a HKS or an APEXi type muffler on his euro

personally, I reckon the stock exhaust tips look really good....dunno why you would want to change that and 2nd, i'd save the money and get a Legalis R or Mugen exhaust (thats if i have the finances :D)
But, he just wants to have the deep rumble and wants to know if its possible to just change the mufflers to aftermarket

EuroAccord13
07-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes he can change both mufflers to an after market one...

It's up to his own liking, he can put any mufflers he so wishes...

If he wants to only change the tips, he can get a pair of any muffler place, a tip cost around 20 bucks or up to 50 bucks for a MagnaFlow one... Again, it's up to him to decide..

To save money and have performance gains using the stock mufflers, ask him to go to an exhaust shop and have the mufflers opened up. I think the stock OEM mufflers run a zig zag pattern, all he needs to do is to have cut it up and run a single pipe between the inlet and the outlet and stuff new insulating mesh in it and weld the muffler back together, looks stock on the outside but modified on the inside.

stephen8512
07-04-2005, 07:10 PM
oh ok

so would this fit on the euro if you bought 2?
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17880

EuroAccord13
07-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Yes they will fit, but round mufflers on the Euro's rear end don't go to well.... Trust me, I've tried LOL!

baboo
08-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Interested in my mufflers? hehe

I'm thinking of keeping the B-pipe & do a single muffler conversion.

So both of the Fujitsubo mufflers will up for sale.

http://www.earthmach.com/temp/DSCF1591.jpg

stephen8512
08-04-2005, 10:13 AM
hmmmm
how much baboo?

baboo
08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
you've got PM

stephen8512
08-04-2005, 12:48 PM
PM replied baboo :D