PDA

View Full Version : Lost all keys to my civic

moro95
09-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Hey guys,

So tonight my key split open at some point and the immobiliser fell out of the key, the person who was holding them didn't notice what had happened. So after searching my local woolies on my hands and knees, i came to the conclusion that the immobiliser is long gone.

This leads us to my current dilemma, as I only got one key when I brought the car, I'm now keyless. Wondering if anyone has a rough idea how much it'll cost to rectify what happened tonight? Anyone had any similar stories? I need something to put my mind at ease before i get the verdict tomorrow!

chrischris
09-05-2014, 10:23 AM
you could try a mister mint, they have kits that come with immobiliser, not sure how that works though. Same thing hapened to my wife's swift, asked at mister mint and they said 180$ for a complete kit, they dont sell the individual chip. Lucky for us though the swift doesnt need the imboliser to turn the engine on, only for remote key unlock so its ok for now

curtis265
09-05-2014, 02:13 PM
you're pretty stuffed. Only Honda can rescue you now.

Mr Minit can only copy a key.

moro95
09-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Luckily the immobiliser got found this morning, but only after I went and brought a new uncut key

lilthug
09-05-2014, 05:47 PM
would be a good time to get a copy of the immobiliser since u only got one

stevo1210
09-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Luckily the immobiliser got found this morning, but only after I went and brought a new uncut key

Did woolies call you or something? lol.

moro95
10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Did woolies call you or something? lol.

Yeah, I've worked there before, so i knew the staff. Luckily they gave me a call when it got turned in