PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Bonnet rattle/vibration (noob)

hellequin
12-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi guys,

Just purchased my first car - '05 Euro Luxury Auto - and I'm so happy I did. Damn fine automobiles!

the bloke I bought it from had the bonnet replaced well before I purchased - it rattles when in idling and when I push down on it it feels like the latch is hitting the bonnet. Its closed and it all lines up with the panels etc but its not quite right.

I've adjusted the rubber stops either side of the body but this hasn't totally eliminated the problem...

Any suggestions?

rossirider
12-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Adjust it where the hinges are near the windscreen

hellequin
13-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks man I'll give it a go, the issue is more at the front nest the grill as oppose to the whole bonnet....

tknova
25-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I had the same thing happen on my euro, was the factory bonnet.

At the front of the vehicle, each side near the headlights, you'll see a rubber stoppers that the bonnet sits on on both sides, if you turn them, they screw up and down (they adjust the height of the bonnet when down) , bit of trial and error to get the gaps right, but you'll get there. and this will stop the vibration, I guess that one side is way to low atm.

Should fix it, good luck!

hellequin
26-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks man,
had a bit of a play initially and did notice it change things - i guess I'll just be a bit more patient with trying to get the right levels.
Good idea may be to get some liquid paper, bottom out the stopper and mark them before I start adjusting them.