PDA

View Full Version : k24 dc2 engine details

i-jrdm
16-05-2014, 02:39 PM
hey all
just wondering on what you guys did in getting your dc2 engine number changed being i know run a k24. i know to go to vic roads and all that, just the final details like where did you go to get it certified before taking it to vicroads. the engine was fitted the pros at bhp and i have receipt etc

thanks

eLtrix
16-05-2014, 04:07 PM
By the pros im assuming you mean BYP?

i-jrdm
17-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Yeh byp bloody autocorrect on my mac lol

amant02
17-05-2014, 02:54 PM
No1 is gonna help you now.

Cartoon
17-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Your going to need it engineered so I hope they installed everything you need for that :) this will include an emissions test to so hope your car was also tuned for that.

i-jrdm
17-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Your going to need it engineered so I hope they installed everything you need for that :) this will include an emissions test to so hope your car was also tuned for that.

yeah everything was defiantly installed for it to be engineered, as well as dyno tuned is done also. i have also upgraded the front rotors to 282mm t3 slotted and already have bc coils fitted.
so all i need to do is take it to a engineer and let them check it over etc? i suppose there should be no problems there. could anybody refer me to any melb places i could take it too which you guys have been to before.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
17-05-2014, 07:14 PM
so all i need to do is take it to a engineer and let them check it over etc?

Thassright.

i-jrdm
17-05-2014, 10:09 PM
can anybody recommend any engineers they have taken their car to before?

Cartoon
17-05-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm sydney based so don't know any in melb.

I can tell you now that you will need a charcoal canister, evap set up, boxed filter, and your tune will need to be done to comply with the emissions regulations.

Adjustable fuel regulator will need to be locked off so you can't adjust it also.

Lots of things to comply with. Now they did tell you that if you put a k20 into a dc2 u don't need to engineer it right?