PDA

View Full Version : H22 eg

EM1187
19-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey guys just a little guidance needed. I know mods are off rules from P platers. I've recently bought a H22A EG now it has a engineers certificate for all the mods. Motor swap, Seats, Emissions test and suspension.

I'm currently on my greens and 25 years of age I have about 3 months to go before my full's Would I be in trouble from police if I were to show them my engineers certificate if I'm ever pulled over? Car looks pretty much stock no stance bull crap going on.

From NSW guys.
Any input would be appreciated thanks.

Jasemas
22-05-2014, 09:58 AM
The idea would be
Not to get pulled over in the first place
Keep those revs under 5k rpms
And have a nice day

u mad?
22-05-2014, 10:03 AM
The idea would be
Not to get pulled over in the first place
Keep those revs under 5k rpms
And have a nice daydoes not always work like that.

in qld u cant drive a car that has been mod plated unless you are on your full license or if you are on your p's you must be 25 or over . best bet is to ring your states rta or whatever its called.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Fact is you're a P-plater - yes you'll be in trouble.

Just hold off driving it for 3 months.

u mad?
22-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Fact is you're a P-plater - yes you'll be in trouble.

Just hold off driving it for 3 months.

he is 25 though

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-05-2014, 11:11 AM
he is 25 though

But he's in nue sowth waels brow.

EM1187, the RMS website didn't have anything that screamed out to me though I am sure you could do a little more reading then I and see what's up OR call them and ask the question, I'm sure you'll get a direct answer after sitting on the phone listening to a instrumental solo.

Good luck :wave:

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-05-2014, 11:18 AM
FOUND IT

n00b'd previous search.

Here you go op:

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/p1p2_conditions.html

The prohibited vehicle condition restricts provisional (P1 and P2) drivers from driving certain high performance vehicles. The condition applies to provisional licences issued on or after 11 July 2005. The scheme aims to prohibit young driver access to vehicles that are overrepresented in young driver crashes.

Prohibited vehicles are those with:

Eight or more cylinders.
A turbocharged engine (except diesel).
A supercharged engine (except diesel).
Engine performance modifications that require an engineers' certificate.
Certain high performance six cylinder engine vehicles or other vehicles as described in the publication Novice Drivers - High Performance Vehicle Restrictions.

Written application for exemption
Will call you to talk about application (approximately 2 week after written application received)
The car is legally registered and had EPA checks, "I'm an enthusiast" etc etc
and I only have 3 months until my full license
????
Legally driving EG H22a DAILY.

RenzokukenJ
22-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Ooooo

Hehe

That easy

mocchi
22-05-2014, 02:10 PM
have a nice day to you too m8

EM1187
23-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks for all your inputs guys. Will call RMS Saturday morning since works got me busy and no time to call. Will let you all know the outcome :)

viinnh
23-05-2014, 01:20 AM
shoulda be ok, you can drive turbo on your p's if your 25 or over.