PDA

View Full Version : 96 EM1 b18c2 Turbo manifold help

Frodo_91
20-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Im looking at putting a turbo on my Civic, ive got a T28 turbo intercooler etc, just cant find a decent Turbo Manifold. Preferably not a Ram Horn as i dont want to lose PS or AC..

Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks

grifty
20-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Have you thought about getting one made up?

mugen_ctr
22-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Jus get a cheap Cast manifold, AC and PS friendly!, they will do the trick and wont break on you or the bank

ECU-MAN
22-05-2014, 01:12 PM
You will not loose AC or PS with the butterfly type manifold, I think this is similar to the Ram horn if not the same.

Frodo_91
23-05-2014, 06:50 PM
ive heard that cast iron is fine for daily driving but crack under heat and high pressure..stainless steel is the way to go.. and yeah im looking to find a decent enough mechanic in my area -.-' they all know commodores and falcons but they dont fully get vtec

mugen_ctr
24-05-2014, 01:11 AM
ive heard that cast iron is fine for daily driving but crack under heat and high pressure..stainless steel is the way to go.. and yeah im looking to find a decent enough mechanic in my area -.-' they all know commodores and falcons but they dont fully get vtec

Who did u hear that from? Plenty of ppl have used cast iron manifolds for years an decades an zero issues with them, including me, the cheaper stainless steel manifolds are the ones u speak of, that crack due to thin walled tubular and crappy or sloppy welds or welds that are just too weak, and when under heat, vibration and cool down will break!

IMO either go cast manifold (cheapest option), Custom steam pipe or SS or mild steel with thick welds and materials or a well known branded manifold, such as Pfab

Spoon-Accord
24-05-2014, 10:11 AM
if you want to keep a/c and p/s, steer clear from ramhorns, they are an absolute nightmare to work with.

inlinePro cast or stainless log,spoolin performance log,go autoworks log,DRAG cast log manifolds are ones that will allow you to retain a/c and p/s with minor modifications.might need to notch the webbing on block, or even just mounting on an aftermarket slim fan

Frodo_91
30-05-2014, 07:32 PM
alrighty then thanks guys, one more thing, has anyone had issuse with the high mounts?? im trying to visualise it all under the hood and am worried the bonnet wont close with the high mount and turbo