PDA

View Full Version : honda jazz gd3 bc coilovers adjusting the rears

hk_peenut
22-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know how to adjust the rears properly. Apparently you have to adjust the shock n the spring together. Is their a certain ratio to follow? Anyone have their current setup specs or measurements?? Would really appreciate it thanks

DreadAngel
27-05-2014, 08:48 PM
What are you adjusting for?

hk_peenut
19-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Comfort it's a really harsh ride in the rear

DreadAngel
20-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Which BC's do you have and how low is your car?

hk_peenut
27-07-2014, 01:29 AM
bc v1 and its about 10cm off ground

hk_peenut
17-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Can anyone help? My car is super bouncy now after fiddling around with adjustments.... Should I adjust the spring perch or the shock n up or down? Thanks.

flipfire
17-12-2014, 10:57 AM
If you adjust the rear spring height you need to adjust the shock length as well. This is because when you lower the rear springs, it reduces the length/travel of the shock.

The BC shock has adjustable length to make sure you have sufficient travel and it doesnt bottom out.

The manual says the shock adjuster is to have the same amount of gap as the spring perch.

hk_peenut
17-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Could you possibly tell me what I need to do to fix by current setup? Here's my current setup. If you could I'd really appreciate it. The manual is worded weird And it's hard to understand hahaha. Thanks. http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7k7f5.jpg

flipfire
17-12-2014, 01:46 PM
The shock body needs to have the same gap as the spring perch (see red lines in the photo)

Basically you need to make the shock shorter. Right now doesnt have as much travel as it should.

hk_peenut
17-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Okok could I also just adjust the spring perch so There's more gap to make it the same as the shock body? The shock is hard to twist ==. Thanks for ur help too man really appreciate it

flipfire
17-12-2014, 09:39 PM
You can adjust the spring perch but that would change your ride height.

The shock is hard to twist ==. Thanks for ur help too man really appreciate it

You need to loosen the locking nut first. You need one spanner to hold the shock body (red) and another to loosen the locking nut (black).

Once the locking nut is loose then you can rotate the shock body up and down using the first spanner.

hk_peenut
18-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Thanks so much! Ill give it another go tomorrow. BTW does just adjusting it a little make a big difference? Ill Probably adjust the spring perch gap to be wider to match my current shock gap. Because I actually lowered the rear a bit when I tried it a couple of days ago n rear is lower than front right now. So adjusting the spring gap Should raise the height And fix my current bouncy problem. Thanks for the help: )

flipfire
18-12-2014, 09:54 AM
If your shock doesnt have enough travel, it will hit the bump stop. So instead of the shock compressing and dampening the movement, it will come to a rough stop and bounce right up.

hk_peenut
18-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Hmmm okok Ill shorten the shock then n see How it goes.