PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers - Opinions

Kelezzay
08-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Hey,

I have an opportunity to buy a set of coilovers and was seeking some advice/opinions. I can get a set of used Tein Comfort Sports (CST) for about the same price for BC BR's which will be brand new.

The CST's have been used for about 2500k's (almost still new), and will just be using the car as a daily drive. The CST's don't sit low, however the BC's do. I may be tracking the car at a later stage, but believe the CST's can do the job. Does anyone rate the BC's? Can anyone else provide feedback on CST's also?

Help please! Thank you in advanced.

ChaosMaster
08-06-2014, 03:56 PM
CST are designed for comfort, I wouldn't worry about the ride height as they are adjustable up to 2.2" drop, which is more than is usable on the road IMO. The CST however, have a soft spring rate, 7/4 kg/mm F/R. Not sure about BC exactly, but most track spec ones are around the 16/10 mark. So for the track specifically, I would prob lean towards the BC.

Fredoops
09-06-2014, 01:51 PM
BC's are 10F 5R standard, but you can opt for stiffer.

CST's are for comfort, its supposed to be one of the most smooth riding coils around.

So it's a matter of perference

d-Z1R3
10-06-2014, 01:15 PM
if you want comfort go a coil and shorten shock combo, if you want performance go coilovers. just my 2cents put coils in my other car and barely drive it around town due to being to harsh of a ride on a daily basis.

curtis265
10-06-2014, 01:44 PM
if you want comfort go a coil and shorten shock combo, if you want performance go coilovers. just my 2cents put coils in my other car and barely drive it around town due to being to harsh of a ride on a daily basis.

not this again..

Kelezzay
10-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the reply all. Don't want to get this thread turning into a debate. Made up my mind, and might just go for springs! Cheers!