PDA

View Full Version : ALB light

Irish
19-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Hi, i have a 1985 Honda Prelude and the ALB light comes on when the car is driven around 2 - 3 k's, i I have cleaned the sensors at the wheels and it hasn't changed, has anybody had the same problem, cheers:wave:

ECU-MAN
20-06-2014, 11:23 AM
You posted in the wrong section.

Welcome to OzHonda.

You need to obtain the fault code from the ALB ECU, look for a blinking LED at the ECU window. You might find the ECU LED window under the ashtray for the Left rear passenger. Lift it up and look inside the hole.

report back here with the LED blinks.

Irish
21-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Hi, a novice at this, there is just a cavity with some wiring under the l/h/r ash tray but no LED ( is it different if it is an auto ) also looked under front ash tray but nothing there, if there are any other possible positions I would grateful to hear, thank you for your help and time, cheers.

ECU-MAN
22-06-2014, 12:10 AM
look under the drivers or passengers seat, I think the PGMFI ECU is under the passengers seat.

do you hear the ABS pump running for no reason at all ?

Irish
22-06-2014, 10:02 AM
There is only carpet under both seats, with the pump running for no reason is that with the engine running ?

ECU-MAN
22-06-2014, 06:13 PM
yes, usually while driving or when you first start her up.

Irish
22-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi, nothing with the pump but have located the computer, it is behind the plastic trim at the rear drivers seat in the same spot but opposite side but doesn't have an ash tray or ash tray hole, it does have a round plastic plug approx 40mm in diameter attached to a brown six pin plug towards the rear upright of the seat, when you pull the plastic plug out the six pin plug is attached so you can test the computer system, does it now sound like a job for an auto elec as i have checked all the wiring attached to the computer and everything is firm, i also swapped the relay with one from under the dash but no change, cheers.

ECU-MAN
23-06-2014, 09:18 AM
the ALB ECU you have a window with an LED inside where you can see the flashing code

Irish
23-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi, i have pulled the unit off the body and there is no LED window at all, i have got the part number in case this helps it is an NEC part number 39790-SBO-682, i really appreciate all your help, thank you.

ECU-MAN
23-06-2014, 11:49 AM
post pictures of your ECU, if you can, all angles, Top, sides, bottom

Irish
29-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi again, sorry for the delay, sounds stupid but we have been trying to email photo's but can't upload them, waiting for a computer savvy person to help us out, cheers.
http://s28.photobucket.com/user/erika_patto/library/?view=recent&page=1

Let me know if this works.

Irish
01-07-2014, 08:40 AM
http://s28.photobucket.com/user/erika_patto/library/?view=recent&page=1

I have tried to send the photos, hopefully you can view them. Cheers Irish

ECU-MAN
01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Photos are not working

ECU-MAN
03-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Regardless of your photos, your car is nearly 30 years old which makes for a very old ALB system. If the ALB system has not frequently had its brake fluid flushed then there is a high possibility that the modulator and or the pump have seized. Over time brake fluid will sludge up and its down hill from there.

The ALB system consists of 3 parts, ALB modulator, Pump and Accumulator. Given the age of your car you can almost be certain the accumulator has leaked and lost its pressure (there is an ECU fault code for this). The pump could be faulty/seized but can be tested manually. The modulator could also have seized valves.

There is a special tool for tested in the ALB system that plugged into a 4pin connector under the passengers seat and with out this tool and the shop manual there is not much you can do. If you can find the ALB ECU and extract the fault codes from it that will point you in the right direction. Other than that you will have to check the systems mentioned above.