PDA

View Full Version : Navigation issues with 2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury

c_para
19-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Not sure if anyone can help. Bought a used accord euro last year with about 75,000km's. After about 3 months whilst driving the sat nav would constantly reset itself on a regular basis. This would cause all music and even clock to switch off for about 2 seconds. Along with that, the dials on the dashboard would also instantly drop and then go back to where originally were. This could happen constantly for a week, and then not do it again for about a month. I have also noticed that it has something to do with me taking my foot off the accelerator whilst driving. I have tried searching for this issue online but have not been able to find anything. My mechanic has advised me that he found some article online and we have to call alpine in japan to run through a how-to-guide to fixing. He has not been able to find a solution to this and what has been causing this? He is currently in the process of assisting. If anyone else has had a similar issue to this and has a solution, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

c_para
28-06-2014, 06:28 PM
**** Issue Solved ****. If no one is aware the navigation systems that are made for the 06 accord euro by Alpine. The first step that has to be done to resolve this problem is for the earth cable to be replaced by a much thicker higher quality one. It is believed that the navigation system was constantly rebooting itself which caused all things in the above post to occur. Step 2, was call Alpine in the United States and they ran through a rebooting process. This process involved a major reboot of the navigation system, which took about 20 mins. Disconnecting the battery was not an option***. Once the system had rebooted the issue was solved. Hope this helps out anyone else that comes across this problem.

Cheers

Jasemas
28-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Any tipes on the reset procedure for anyone needing help with this in the future
Was Honda Aus no good?