PDA

View Full Version : Crossing Otherside of Lane - Red Light Camera

larrrry
26-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi,

Basically i was turning to another road from the main road (with 2 lanes on the other side). The car on the other side didn't move for 5 seconds so i proceeded but another was oncoming. I drove a bit into the lane of the smaller road which had no traffic but it was red. Will i get a ticket? Thanks.

amant02
27-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Contest it in court. The camera photo should show your correct. If you from NSW, i think you can get your photo online.

Defend yourself, don't get a lawyer unless $$ involved = not worth taking this court (unless you got no points, then go for gold).

I've defended myself twice now, won once, got 'let off easy' on a serious driving offense.

bennjamin
27-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi,

Basically i was turning to another road from the main road (with 2 lanes on the other side). The car on the other side didn't move for 5 seconds so i proceeded but another was oncoming. I drove a bit into the lane of the smaller road which had no traffic but it was red. Will i get a ticket? Thanks.

Mate

Just wait and see. You did something illegal but very well may of not gotten caught. Stop worrying about it. If it hasn't appeared in the mail a month later you didn't get stung

EKVTIR-T
27-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Mate

Just say your friend was driving,but be left back to China now

And you only know his English nickname not his Asian name..

Leekie
01-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Generally you should be able to see whether the camera flashed or not. Obviously if it didn't flash, you will know you're safe!
I've seen cars in front of me cross the line at a red light camera and the camera going off, but i'm pretty sure you can appeal if you're free of any previous offenses.