PDA

View Full Version : Euro Mud Flaps & Wind Visors

Euro2005
09-04-2005, 01:58 PM
G'Day,
Has anyone got Mud Flaps and or Wind Visors on their Euro, if so, how useful are they and would you recomend them ?
Thanks.

stephen8512
09-04-2005, 02:09 PM
hmm i personalyl wouldnt get mud flaps cuz i think it looks tacky.....

euro77
09-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I've got the mud flaps. It looks just fine in my opinion, but everyone's got their own opinion of course. It does not affect the euro's smooth line. You can't fit the mud flap if you have side skirt &/or rear under skirt fitted though.

As for usefullness, it helps reduce the amount of splashes from your tyers to your body, but you can always wash it anyway :D

aaronng
09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I've got the mud flaps. It's not the flappy kind, but solid pieces that follow the Euro's body shape. If your car's a dark colour, then you won't notice it. On the other hand, if you've got a white/silver or milano red Euro, it might stand out. Mine's the arctic blue, and I like the mudguards. Keeps the side paint from getting sprayed with muddy water when driving.

albii
09-04-2005, 04:26 PM
i'm looking to get them for my satin silver euro but i'm thinking of colour coding them.....

bigdongers
09-04-2005, 04:53 PM
I got the window visors on my CRV. Looks good and they allow you to open the windows a bit even when its raining. Might spoil the clean lines of the Euro though

toE
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Mud flaps' functionality is to prevent mud from splashing onto the area behind the tyres, or water or tar. With mud and water, that can be washed off easily. But with tar, if you don't clean it off soon, it actually peels off the paint when you try to clean it. Someone correct me here. :)

So, if you're really fussy bout your car's paint around the area behind the tyres, this would be a good investment I reckon.

aaronng
09-04-2005, 09:49 PM
If you plan to open your Euro window even slightly during light rain, be prepared to wipe the water off your interior. The aerodynamics of the Euro somehow pushes the water in.

With tar, I recommend using a claybar, with quick detailer as lubricant (not car shampoo). This is the best I've found. I can even remove small splatter of wall paint (from next door's renovation).

If you use car shampoo as the lubricant, it somehow doesn't remove it as easily. I think the liquid film is too thick.

albii
09-04-2005, 10:51 PM
If you plan to open your Euro window even slightly during light rain, be prepared to wipe the water off your interior. The aerodynamics of the Euro somehow pushes the water in.

With tar, I recommend using a claybar, with quick detailer as lubricant (not car shampoo). This is the best I've found. I can even remove small splatter of wall paint (from next door's renovation).

If you use car shampoo as the lubricant, it somehow doesn't remove it as easily. I think the liquid film is too thick.
with my 3m claybar i hose the area to be clayed making sure its always sopping wet.

SSML
10-04-2005, 01:17 PM
i'm looking to get them for my satin silver euro but i'm thinking of colour coding them.....

I think mud flaps can also prevent minor stone chips too.
If u use "silicon spray" on black plastic mud flaps. They looks brilliant too even without colour coding.

PNR888
10-04-2005, 10:45 PM
G'Day,
Has anyone got Mud Flaps and or Wind Visors on their Euro, if so, how useful are they and would you recomend them ?
Thanks.
Just looking at my HyperRev magazine Vol 83. Mugen makes wind visors too. They call it "ventilated visor", a set of 4 will cost you 15000Yen.
I guess you can find them on Mugen's website too.
http://www.mugen-power.com

EURO-R
10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Mugen ventilated visor other way of sporty style.

Peekay34
11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
I have the window visors they look good. I also have a visor for my sunroof as well.

cheerful_ppl
15-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Just looking at my HyperRev magazine Vol 83. Mugen makes wind visors too. They call it "ventilated visor", a set of 4 will cost you 15000Yen.
I guess you can find them on Mugen's website too.
http://www.mugen-power.com

Hey, the HyperRev 83, is that about the Accord CF4, CL1, CL7, CL9? Did you buy it in Australia? Where?

PNR888
15-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey, the HyperRev 83, is that about the Accord CF4, CL1, CL7, CL9? Did you buy it in Australia? Where?
Got it from Hokaiddo, Japan while holidaying there this march. Not all book store in Jap carry that particular book. but finally found it on the last day of the stay.
Coz I know No japanese at all :( . so it was a big task to ask the shop assistance to get the book for me. When I finally found it, I was sooooooooo happy. :D
I think you can try the big book store in sydney, they might be able to order it for you. cost 2000yen + 5% tax in Jap.

learner
15-04-2005, 04:52 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18734

aaronng
15-04-2005, 05:46 PM
You can get Kinokuniya to order it in. Or they might even have it! I know that they do sell HyperRev, just a matter of them having the accord issue.

I bought mine from Malaysia. Cost me RM140! Expensive, but once converted to AUD, it's only AU$47