PDA

View Full Version : Eibach pro springs install questions

jazznewbie
14-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Okay I am going to install the eibach pro springs soon. The instructions stated the bump stops need to be cut. Is it really necessary to cut the bump stops ?

Cheers

lilthug
14-07-2014, 06:30 PM
cutting bumpstop will increase compression travel in the shock and minimize bottoming out

Stevil
17-07-2014, 06:11 PM
yep when I fitted eibach I cut bump stops in half

jazznewbie
18-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply. I think it should be quite easy to do. At least the rear are easy without taking the shocks out. It took me around 3 hours changing shocks/springs for a celica gt4 so hopefully this should take less time. Any tips or things that I should watch out for ? I did some research online and there seems to be some concern about the cv joint popping out and the bearings from the shocks mount falling out.

Stevil
18-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Yep get ya scissor lift out and make sure you support the brake rotor after you remove the Strut, I found out the hard way !

Also make sure you crack the centre nut before loosening the top 3 nuts or before you jack anything up, if you have time drop into a tyre shop on the way home and get them to rattle gun the topnut, dont have to remove, just crack it so your job is easy.

You'll need to remove the black plastic cover. If you dont crack the nut with weight on the shock you will need a deep offset spanner and coil compressors. ! I've done struts about 10 time on my FD1 B-) , fronts take 2hrs at a steady pace, can be done in an hr with practice.

jazznewbie
10-08-2014, 02:43 PM
One more question, the left and right side of the eibach springs are the same correct ?