PDA

View Full Version : Water leaking on rear seats

Nazz
16-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having this really annoying issue and can't seem to exactly pinpoint where it's coming from, I was hoping that someone here could help, or if someone's encountered the same issue:

A few of my mates have been sitting in the back seat of my car recently and have been going on that it gets really wet, I thought they were idiots at first, but then I decided to lift the seats up and have a look and found a little pool of water that had accumulated (as shown in the picture). I took the seats out and have been driving around with them out to work out exactly what the f*** is going on, and found out that after it rains or I wash my car, water seems to fill up somewhere near or inside the trunk somewhere. I notice as I'm driving and turning I can hear it stored somewhere, it sounds like a tank of water is splashing around, and when I brake hard, it'll pour from somewhere in the trunk into the back seat thus creating this pool. In the photo I marked with an arrow where the water is coming from.

So if anyone knows if a seal is broken somewhere or if this is a common issue with ludes, some help would be much appreciated.

PS, I'm really dumb when it comes to cars so try to be as specific as possible lol.

Cartoon
16-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Sun roof dude.

ecutthro
16-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Look under the fake floor in your boot.
my bet is that's where your pool is.
This can be caused by blocked sunroof drain lines as cartoon suggested and also by the foam taillight seals getting too old and letting water in

Nazz
17-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Cheers guys

I've checked the sun roof, seems fine.

But yeah, the floor of the boot is wet too on the left hand side. After a while of searching last night and pouring water in nearly every seal, I did notice that my left taillight was collecting some water too, and as you said the foam around it was really soaked, I just tightened up the bolts around the taillight and no water seems to be getting through to the light anymore or getting soaked by the foam (that is as of today), just gonna wait for it to be a night of rain and see if that helped.

ecutthro
21-07-2014, 06:09 PM
I just currently resprayed my whole boot (second prelude i've done this too) because it had rust here and there, on the plus side, my boot looks pretty sick now and theres no rust to kill it later on