PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Civic Sedan FB gets a face lift :)

warrenR
24-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Hello everyone. Been keeping an eye on the Honda Australia website lately, just found that the 2014 Civic FB Sedan got face lift! This might be good news for anyone thinking of getting a Civic Sedan soon :)

Spec Sheet here (http://civic.honda.com.au/assets/pdf/civic_specs.pdf)

I think they currently preparing brochure for it as well. Details on the Civic Page (http://civic.honda.com.au/?origin=main-header-link)

I am just quickly listing few new features after face lift. Please add more if I have missed any:

1. there are five trim levels: vi, vti, vti-s, vti-L, Sport
2. Keyless entry now across all range
3. replace the button-based center dash panel with a large touch screen for all range (nice one, it looks better than the one on the old Civic Sport)
4. reverse camera for vti and above (Big Bonus)
5. 6 speakers for vti-s and above (Thank god they did it)
6. new front grid with more sporty feel
7. the rim gets re-design (a bit more aggressive than the ones on the old Vti-L)

However, unlike the 9th gen civic face lift in US, the aussie civic's rear taillight remain unchanged (at least I could tell the difference)

Anyway, At least Honda Australia try to make the civic remain competitive to its local rivals

lolmclol
24-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Interesting ... So that means the only manual transmission option is the Vi model, which means it misses out on most of the "updated" features (according to that spec sheet).

*DAN*
24-07-2014, 07:04 PM
fml.. i want that touchscreen

Grayfox
24-07-2014, 10:13 PM
All say they get halogen headlights except the sport which just says auto headlights.
Which could mean anything.

LetsDuDiss
25-07-2014, 09:18 AM
fml.. i want that touchscreen

trust me touch screen in a car is a no no. Its so hard to use. Well, I drove a prius with touch screen like that. So hard to even change radio station LOL!

All say they get halogen headlights except the sport which just says auto headlights.
Which could mean anything.

Does it really matter though? Upgrading bulbs is so cheap, I would love it if they changed the lens to projector type

But meh, imo, that civic looks ugly as shit. Interior is pretty good in contrast LOL

Grayfox
25-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Does it really matter though? Upgrading bulbs is so cheap, I would love it if they changed the lens to projector type

If it has HIDs it is just easier.

curtis265
25-07-2014, 10:13 PM
nahbrah OEM HID's are lightyears ahead of retrofitted HID kits

*DAN*
26-07-2014, 10:12 AM
trust me touch screen in a car is a no no. Its so hard to use. Well, I drove a prius with touch screen like that. So hard to even change radio station LOL!

But meh, imo, that civic looks ugly as shit. Interior is pretty good in contrast LOL

Ive been in cars with touchscreen and i haven't had a problem. Parents own a CX5 and that has the touchscreen controllable with the steering wheel controls. Can only assume the civic will be like that as well

and all 9th gen sedans have projectors, even the prefacelifts. They're still halogens but theyre in a projector so converting to HID is alright

Honda_FD
26-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Any pictures?

Jasemas
26-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Sport
Must be a K20 eh
Or the new type R turbo engine
Without the turbo?

lolmclol
26-07-2014, 08:31 PM
R20 like the current generation.

stevo1210
26-07-2014, 09:17 PM
About time the sedan got a facelift. I was so turned off by the new sedan over an 8th gen...

Jasemas
27-07-2014, 11:17 AM
R is the new D eh? :P

curtis265
27-07-2014, 11:24 AM
R is the new D eh? :P

well yeah, i guess (http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/R18A/)

antony
27-07-2014, 12:03 PM
The Civic sedan is struggling ,Corolla sedan and Mazda 3 sedan are selling like hot cakes...I think the Civic range faces a bleak future,as hatch sales are even worse than the sedans...Honda what is going on ???

I think you need a new halo car,like a all new Euro to get people interested again and into showrooms........

warrenR
28-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Any pictures?

the Honda Aussie Official site still developing the brochure.

You can look up civic 2014 sedan in Car sale web site and there should be some on sale already.

I think the features upgrade makes the civic a bit more competetive, but not so much in terms of engine output and fuel efficiency (he new mazda 3 is well ahead of civic in terms of this).

LetsDuDiss
28-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Ive been in cars with touchscreen and i haven't had a problem. Parents own a CX5 and that has the touchscreen controllable with the steering wheel controls. Can only assume the civic will be like that as well

and all 9th gen sedans have projectors, even the prefacelifts. They're still halogens but theyre in a projector so converting to HID is alright

Steering wheel control is okay. But anyhow, touching the screen while driving is an absolute no to me. Too much of a distraction. I don't wanna be like, "lets take a peek and see where to touch to change audio input to USB". nek minut T-boned. But that's just me.

curtis265
29-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Steering wheel control is okay. But anyhow, touching the screen while driving is an absolute no to me. Too much of a distraction. I don't wanna be like, "lets take a peek and see where to touch to change audio input to USB". nek minut T-boned. But that's just me.

I wouldn't call it touch screen specific.... ever seen a focus?

let me just change the station...however you do that
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2012_ford_focus_sport_interior_01(1)-4ea0cb4fafd45.jpg

Jasemas
29-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Looks like that dash gives out cancer LOL