PDA

View Full Version : BJUnion HID from Type G

Geoffy
09-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Ordered and recieved with no issues... Packaged very nicely... HID working in great condition... Would show pics but I have no digital cam lol

I would also like to add...

That with the HID lights that I got from Type G I also paid for 2 dim lights bulbs which don't work... He was suppose to send me new ones this week but has not done so yet...

FIT
09-04-2005, 10:52 PM
when u have pic, please post if u can.

thanks.

TypeG
09-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Good to hear u happy with the HID. If anyone want to see how it would look on a Jazz. Click my gallery and u will find the picture there =)

sheepo
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
aren't you worry bout being defected? =X

TypeG
09-04-2005, 11:59 PM
defected? never since bmw using hid mate

Geoffy
09-04-2005, 11:59 PM
when u have pic, please post if u can.

thanks.
Will do...

sheepo
10-04-2005, 01:05 AM
he drives a BMW?! O.O

bigdongers
10-04-2005, 10:42 AM
how much? is it hi/lo?

TypeG
10-04-2005, 11:17 AM
he drives a BMW?! O.O

no offence but if u want to mod yr car, any single mod can casue problem with cop anyway and newer car start to have HID as an option so as long as it is not blind ppl it is okay. I use HID for 1 year, every get caugh when i am following a cop

sheepo
10-04-2005, 12:03 PM
well i'm aware it cna get you pulled over but since ur adding HIDs it would attract attentino during the night =P but so you say its ok to use HID aslong it doesn't glare ppl out eh?

bagaichiban
10-04-2005, 12:32 PM

I ain't sure in Aus, but in Taiwan, even BMW or Mercedes have HID on them, if ur car has too bright HID eg. more than 6000K i believe or install in a "unprofessional" position eg. the bulb is flashing on coming cars' people's eye out , you will still be defected....

i ain't sure abut how to actually "position" the bulb since there isn't much "space" to move around or up/down the bulb. So i guess that means u need to mod ur headlight to make the HID bulb face down a little bit? Don't ask me~i ain't professional~hehe~

TypeG
10-04-2005, 12:40 PM
a stock BMW or Merc 's HID wont have 5000k + HID on them. Unprofessional position is not an issue on BMW and Merc as well since they are using projector and many owners complaint that their HID is not bright at all. Of rour Jazz, u can adjust the angle to the ground which is what I did before lower my car. However, I can see anything like high beam is on.

sheepo
10-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I ain't sure in Aus, but in Taiwan, even BMW or Mercedes have HID on them, if ur car has too bright HID eg. more than 6000K i believe or install in a "unprofessional" position eg. the bulb is flashing on coming cars' people's eye out , you will still be defected....

i ain't sure abut how to actually "position" the bulb since there isn't much "space" to move around or up/down the bulb. So i guess that means u need to mod ur headlight to make the HID bulb face down a little bit? Don't ask me~i ain't professional~hehe~

well i was sitll driving my jazz for the 1st few days after getting it i had some problems with the headlights... during the night and u turn the lights on u notice that the angles are totaly different LOL one aims higher while the other lower.. and i send it backt to the dealer to get it fixed. What they do its just adjust the housing of the lights... (dunno what is it really call) they adjust the angle of the housing to be poiting downwards.... a straight angle sounds nice but i guess it can get you defected since its gonna be shining right at people's eyes :D

bagaichiban
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM

i am sorry, misstyped. i didn't mean BMW or Mercedes would get defect. what i meant are those BMW and Mercedes which have HID as stock is all fine. But for those NON-stock HID equipted cars might have some problem if the Bulbs is too bright or the angle is incorrect.

Dreams
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
well i was sitll driving my jazz for the 1st few days after getting it i had some problems with the headlights... during the night and u turn the lights on u notice that the angles are totaly different LOL one aims higher while the other lower.. and i send it backt to the dealer to get it fixed. What they do its just adjust the housing of the lights... (dunno what is it really call) they adjust the angle of the housing to be poiting downwards.... a straight angle sounds nice but i guess it can get you defected since its gonna be shining right at people's eyes :D

are you sure it was a problem?
they were meant to be like that..
the right hand side light is lower than the Left..

-
every hid installed cars, needs to have a headlight washer installed. i dont know why. and hid is meant to be installed for a halogen type of headlight. not jazz (to make it worst , jazz doesnt have the bulb cover in the headlight housing so if people sees it straight to the bulbs, abit blinding hahaha)

i love em anyway.

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM

-
every hid installed cars, needs to have a headlight washer installed. i dont know why. and hid is meant to be installed for a halogen type of headlight. not jazz (to make it worst , jazz doesnt have the bulb cover in the headlight housing so if people sees it straight to the bulbs, abitblinding hahaha)

i love em anyway.

abit????

sheepo
10-04-2005, 02:49 PM

-
every hid installed cars, needs to have a headlight washer installed. i dont know why. and hid is meant to be installed for a halogen type of headlight. not jazz (to make it worst , jazz doesnt have the bulb cover in the headlight housing so if people sees it straight to the bulbs, abit blinding hahaha)

i love em anyway.

well that explains why they always set it like that... was wondering why... any idea why? =/ mine is the right hand side higher than the left

bagaichiban
10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
even though i want to install a HID kit so much, but seriously, those car have high k HID bulb, everytime when they go pass by, my eye goes nearly blind and i want to smash his headlight so hard~

But it doesn't happen to most of HID-equiped car like BMW or any stock HID car...

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
even though i want to install a HID kit so much, but seriously, those car have high k HID bulb, everytime when they go pass by, my eye goes nearly blind and i want to smash his headlight so hard~

But it doesn't happen to most of HID-equiped car like BMW or any stock HID car...

thats becos they have the projector bulb..... so not that bad....

TypeG
10-04-2005, 03:11 PM
jazz doesnt have the bulb cover in the headlight housing so if people sees it straight to the bulbs, abit blinding hahaha)

i love em anyway.

BJUnion HID have full cover on H4 bulbs as it assume most of H4 vehicle dun have the cover on top which can reduce the brightness while directly look at it.

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
wat full cover?????wat does it look like????

TypeG
10-04-2005, 03:38 PM
go to the BJUnion site and u will see

Jus-10
10-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Please dopn't provide mis0information TypeG by saying it will be OK just because Mercedes and BMW have it...they are also ADR approved

Bottom line is, HID/xenon lights are illegal unless the car has a light washing system and an automtic leveling system fitted to the lights.

The idea behind the projector lens is that it disperses the light more evenly, that said however, the recently superseded Lexus GS300 and the current IS300 do not have a projector setup.

The autoleveling system is there to minimise glare becasue the light emitted by xenons is very direct - the system works to level the light out so oncoming driviers don't get flashed by the dumps in the road, etc.... (that said they are still pretty bright)

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Please dopn't provide mis0information TypeG by saying it will be OK just because Mercedes and BMW have it...they are also ADR approved

Bottom line is, HID/xenon lights are illegal unless the car has a light washing system and an automtic leveling system fitted to the lights.

The idea behind the projector lens is that it disperses the light more evenly, that said however, the recently superseded Lexus GS300 and the current IS300 do not have a projector setup.

The autoleveling system is there to minimise glare becasue the light emitted by xenons is very direct - the system works to level the light out so oncoming driviers don't get flashed by the dumps in the road, etc.... (that said they are still pretty bright)

How do u know??? my fren is a distributor here and he went to vicroad and dunno wat other related govt bodies (cant remember) to check about the legality status of the aftermarket HID. His findings is different from wat u said.... anything to back up ur statement????

TypeG
10-04-2005, 07:10 PM
it will be okay = it is cool to cop and it is cool to cop not = 100% legal right?
even replacement bulb will be booked if the cop is bs. Legal or not will not be an issue while modifying a car since most of the after market parts are legal in front of a cop.

Dreams
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
GS300 have a projector setup.
u know what projectors headlight look like?

wynode
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
it will be okay = it is cool to cop and it is cool to cop not = 100% legal right?
even replacement bulb will be booked if the cop is bs. Legal or not will not be an issue while modifying a car since most of the after market parts are legal in front of a cop.
Illegal = Illegal.

Just because one cop does / doesn't pull you over for it.......that doesn't make it legal.

TypeG
10-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Illegal = Illegal.

Just because one cop does / doesn't pull you over for it.......that doesn't make it legal.

most of the mod is illegal apart from factory if u say that
if he want to book u, they will just give u a fine
but who care if we love our car

Jus-10
10-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Umm yeah...ADRs...

I am also aware of a distributor of HID kits in NSW who is fighting this legislation.

How do u know??? my fren is a distributor here and he went to vicroad and dunno wat other related govt bodies (cant remember) to check about the legality status of the aftermarket HID. His findings is different from wat u said.... anything to back up ur statement????

And the now-superseeded GS300 DOES NOT have projectors....

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/images/accessories/Lexus-GS300-S16/lexus-gs430-s16-front-spoiler-and-grille.jpg

http://www.mngmbh.de/michael/gs300.gif

Want some more pics?

Dreams
11-04-2005, 01:27 AM
ah the old one..
if recently means previous model of GS300,

my bad..

http://www.automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0504_lexus_gs300_02_445.jpg

panda[cRx]
11-04-2005, 11:15 AM

HID's are defectable unless they came with HID's from factory

my friend works at vicroads doin rego and vehicle checks in the pits. he is one of the few people at vicroads that actually knows the regulations on these types of things (i find many are quite clueless). i get to hear about what the cops are cracking down on from what customers comes in to his work (ie. some weeks gets heaps of GT-wing defects, load rating next week)
he also seems to get quite a few civic b16a swaps coming in with no engineers certs so they cant rego lol:D

anyway back on topic yes they are illegal:thumbdwn: (yet i know i'll get some soon:p )

civiceg9
11-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Alot of car modification on cars are illegal these days which is a fact.
Aftermarket ECU, HID, loud mufflers, oversize rims, too low, roll cage, open pot filter
are all illegal. This does not stop anyone from using it as we all get our enjoyment out of it.

If you keep it to an acceptable way, the cops are fine. 5000k HID is yellow/white
and 6000k HID is pure white. Anything above that is at your own risk. Most car with HID runs only on low beam. H4 Hi/Lo HID require a correct shielding around the bulb to block the extra light going on the coming traffic. The correct H4 Hi/Lo will only light the top half of you light housing in low and the whole light casing if you turn to high. You should also adjust your light angel abit lower so that it stops the HID light onto the on coming traffic when u ride over a bump. Auto leveling doesn't really work as well as you think, but is just a better option over convensional fixed lights.

I have been running 6000k for over a yr now. been pull over for those alcohol breath test and they have never said anything to me. The only thing they told me was to turn of my blue LEDs lights.:D

Geoffy
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I would also like to add...

That with the HID lights that I got from Type G I also paid for 2 dim lights bulbs which don't work... He was suppose to send me new ones this week but has not done so yet... Whats the deal with that???

TypeG
12-04-2005, 12:06 PM
man
u told me u will remind me in msn mate

Geoffy
12-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I did... Twice!!! You didn't reply to it... :confused:

Dreams
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
did u get the kit with RELAY in it?

TypeG
12-04-2005, 01:26 PM
man... that's i wasnt here

Geoffy
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
did u get the kit with RELAY in it?
What's that???

TypeG
12-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Relay is one of the components in yr HID kit =)
I will get u a pair of Dim as soon as possible since I need to ask my frd if he got some sample in white

Geoffy
12-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks...

kuso
12-04-2005, 10:56 PM
TypeG and Geoffy,

How much did you guys end up paying for the kit? And did you install the HID system yourself?

wynode
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
So the intial point of this thread was:

1. Do some advertising for TypeG
2. Complain about the poor service from TypeG (your 2 dim lights didn't work) OR
3. Post a review (which i'm yet to see in the posts)?

Hmm...........

TypeG
12-04-2005, 11:55 PM
So the intial point of this thread was:

1. Do some advertising for TypeG
2. Complain about the poor service from TypeG (your 2 dim lights didn't work) OR
3. Post a review (which i'm yet to see in the posts)?

Hmm...........

are u really that free to post this kind of comment here?

POOR SERVICE, actually only one dim light is not working instead of 2. Also dim lights are actually extra gift for Geoffy from sample bag which is not BJUnion stuff. It is obvious a review "nice packing".

TypeG
12-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Packaged very nicely... HID working in great condition... Would show pics but I have no digital cam lol

it is kind of review to tell ppl how good the HID is and I am selling HID outside not dim light

wynode
13-04-2005, 12:00 AM
it is kind of review to tell ppl how good the HID is and I am selling HID outside not dim light
A one line review?

Sound more like an advertising plug.

TypeG
13-04-2005, 12:06 AM
keep yr personal comment aside or PM
it is what an admin in ozhonda always told others

one line or a whole page review arent still provide info for us to share and know more on that brand of product?

wynode
13-04-2005, 12:49 AM
keep yr personal comment aside or PM
it is what an admin in ozhonda always told others

one line or a whole page review arent still provide info for us to share and know more on that brand of product?
Reason being is because you have

1. Been caught trying to sell your HID kits in another thread
2. Been caught sending PM spam trying to sell your HID kits
3. Then a thread gets posted up with a 'review' of a HID kit that you sell with your name in the thread (which is hardly a review to begin with)

Anyways i've made my point and I won't reply to this thread again.

toE
13-04-2005, 12:58 AM
And I'd like to add that wynode's comments weren't personal.

You obviously are threading on a thin line with our Terms and Conditions, so his comments are for all to read and take heed.

We're watching you. ;)

TypeG
13-04-2005, 01:52 AM
I have stopped selling HID in forum and PM. They just msn me for enquiry.
in this thread, i never trying to sell my HID since I am selling this HID in other forum as well using the same username =)
and this is obviously a review on BJUnion HID with some chat on HID Q&A

TypeG
13-04-2005, 01:55 AM
also he is talking my service is POOR which is directly flaming on my personality so please beware on yr words. Thx ozhodna admin even I am not a trader here.

civiceg9
13-04-2005, 10:59 AM
BJunion only sales HID kits and Halogen lights.
BJunion will not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or items contained on this website. If you have any questions please email or PM me.

The parker LED were from 3A Racing (autobarn), it was a gift from TypeG
so Geoff you speak to him in your own time.

Can the admin pls lock this thread thx!!!

Jus-10
13-04-2005, 12:28 PM
The tread is now closed.

I think we are all satisfied that this is essentially a pretty useless thread. There are no pics, no DIY advice on installing the kit, no valid comments on the results, etc.

The comments made on the kit appear to be more like reviews/feedback for an EBAY Seller than anything else.

In future, if any one has any issues with regards to something they have purchased, please take it up via the PM function first.

Only come to the main forum if you are facing ongoing issues with getting in touch with someone.

If anyone has any doubts, please PM one of the mods.

J