PDA

View Full Version : Swapping doors

ecutthro
26-07-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm looking at getting a second prelude, probably one with a blown engine or something, either way, a cheap one.
Just to swap out some panels and have spare parts, more important it's for swapping out the two doors, I'm wondering how hard this is with relation to the speaker wiring, are there clips or plugs? Or is it a job that requires feeding the new doors wiring through the rubber tubing and grommets?

mocchi
26-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm looking at getting a second prelude, probably one with a blown engine or something, either way, a cheap one.
Just to swap out some panels and have spare parts, more important it's for swapping out the two doors, I'm wondering how hard this is with relation to the speaker wiring, are there clips or plugs? Or is it a job that requires feeding the new doors wiring through the rubber tubing and grommets?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar42649_1.gif

amant02
26-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Mate, if you gonna have problems with "speaker wiring", i don't think you are realising what your going to be doing.

Before you buy the car, no matter how well/flush/nice/oem the panel sits on the donor car it won't be the same on urs. Infact it will sit worse then your current panels are.

ecutthro
26-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Current ones have rust, cheaper to buy a donor in the same colour than have welds and rust removal and paint done