PDA

View Full Version : EK won't start

grifty
03-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,

I've got a a PFL EK1 GLi with a D16Y4 motor.

It doesn't want to start, I'm not getting any spark or injector pluse. The immobilizer light on the dash goes out so that's not the problem.

I've cleaned all the grounds on the engine side as well. While cranking the engine throws a code 8, I've tried to swap the dizzy but it still gives me the same code.

Does anyone have a pin out diagram for a P2K ecu? The car was just driving and it suddenly stopped. I initially thought it was the timing belt as it was 2-3 teeth out so I fixed that.

Any help would be appreciated.

ECU-MAN
03-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Immobiliser only stop fuel pulse, If you do not have a ICM signal coming from the ECU at crank then your ECU could possibly be the issue.

Double check your main relay just in case.

dorikin
04-08-2014, 12:58 AM
How did u test injector pulse

grifty
05-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Thanks ECU man, I'll solder the main relay and report back.

I'm sorta leaning towards a faulty ECU, I took it apart and did not find anything unusual inside it.

re. injector pulse, I could not smell fuel on the spark plugs and I also attached a multimeter to the injector plug and cranked the motor, no voltage was detected.

ECU-MAN
05-08-2014, 09:45 AM
with the Injectors the yel/blk wire has constant 12v and the other 4 coloured wires get grounded from the ECU to pulse the injector, so your looking for 12v on one side of the injector connector and negative pulse on the other side. Measure this with Duty or Frequency on your meter.

Most times when the PK2 ECU fails you cannot see the fault inside.

mocchi
06-08-2014, 01:08 AM
with the Injectors the yel/blk wire has constant 12v and the other 4 coloured wires get grounded from the ECU to pulse the injector, so your looking for 12v on one side of the injector connector and negative pulse on the other side. Measure this with Duty or Frequency on your meter.

Most times when the PK2 ECU fails you cannot see the fault inside.

can this post be a sticky please.

grifty
11-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Got the car started in the end.

Swapped the motor and dizzy, starts and runs like a dream now. Old motor had a bent valve and various other issues....