PDA

View Full Version : Resetting ECU and CVT

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Resetting of ECU:
1. Open fuse compartment inside yr car (where the shelf is).
2. Remove the 2 engine fuse for 5 mins.
3. Alternatively, you may want to detached yr negative connection on your battery, but your radio settings will be gone.

Resetting of CVT
1. Start yr engine, without any electrical system on ie radio, headlight, cabin light etc.
2. Apply handbrake and foot brake (thru out whole process)
3. Engage to N and leave it for 1 min.
4. Engage to D and leave it for 2 mins.
5. Engage to P, and off yr engine

sheepo
10-04-2005, 11:51 AM
nice post but i thought you need to leave the ECU fuse out for 10 mins??? :confused:

Dreams
10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
wow nice find. how u know about this?

that reseting cvt is like a cheat code for ps hahaha..

bagaichiban
10-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Er....maybe i am wrong, but i THINK there is a "warning sticker" on the positive side of the battery connector said something like "If you disconnect the battery, it will rest the CVT program, it might cause serious damange to the gear box. please bring your car to Honda dealer immediately"?

So that's no problem?

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Er....maybe i am wrong, but i THINK there is a "warning sticker" on the positive side of the battery connector said something like "If you disconnect the battery, it will rest the CVT program, it might cause serious damange to the gear box. please bring your car to Honda dealer immediately"?

So that's no problem?

my battery was disconnected many times.... car still works fine.... plus i tried the reset CVT method posted here..... and so far no problem.... i personally think that the warning is a bit too exaggerated.... yesterday when fitting ground wire and pivot on ahcash jazz, the terminal was accidentally taken off.... ask him then hows the cvt????

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 02:19 PM
the thing with this method for resetting ecu, which are the 2 engine fuses ???
i know this been discussed before.... i just wanna make sure again..... any one remember which are the 2 fuses????

Dreams
10-04-2005, 02:39 PM
i thought u know what u are talking about zimp..

disapointed...

sheepo
10-04-2005, 02:46 PM
..... well if u do a search cuz this has been recently covered u'll know which but he said disconnec em for 10 mins =/ not 5 o.o;; but icvould ahve interpreted that wrongly

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 02:56 PM
..... well if u do a search cuz this has been recently covered u'll know which but he said disconnec em for 10 mins =/ not 5 o.o;; but icvould ahve interpreted that wrongly

i did make the point before that its been discussed. sometimes i just dun get it.... my comment is simple.... which 2 fuses??? anyone remember???? meaning that i cant b fXXKed doing the search and read through everything again.... thats y i put on another comment anyone remember???? for those who do know, just answer fuse no X and X, and for those who dont, just leave it as it is....

the thing with this method for resetting ecu, which are the 2 engine fuses ???
i know this been discussed before.... i just wanna make sure again..... any one remember which are the 2 fuses????

Zimp13
10-04-2005, 02:59 PM
i thought u know what u are talking about zimp..

disapointed...

do i have to know everything?????? got to be dissapointed man.. hehehe....

ahcash
10-04-2005, 03:43 PM
my battery was disconnected many times.... car still works fine.... plus i tried the reset CVT method posted here..... and so far no problem.... i personally think that the warning is a bit too exaggerated.... yesterday when fitting ground wire and pivot on ahcash jazz, the terminal was accidentally taken off.... ask him then hows the cvt????

This is the second time where the negative terminal was taken off.... The first time was when I did the wiring myself and accidently taken off..

Like what you said.. the radio settings was reset... Not sure how to measure if the CVT was reseted, but I can feel that the gear change under manual sports mode (without paddle shift) is a lot smoother and changes gear quite accurately and at the right time.. but then again, it could be due to the pivot or the engine oil change or the ground wiring cable.. done too much yesterday... :D Definately, no problem with the CVT so far....

MRFIT
11-04-2005, 01:55 AM
wah, zimp13.... u already helped cash install his Pivot? cool..... :D

mine is arriving these couple of days..... any chance of trouble you to put it in for me? hehe.... and btw where did u buy ur ground kit from?

Zimp13
11-04-2005, 10:32 AM
bought the kit from techie on springvale road....

spoon fit
11-04-2005, 09:48 PM
how much>?

MRFIT
12-04-2005, 12:17 AM
bought the kit from techie on springvale road....

"techie on the move"..... hehehehe..... they are actually my friends.... i see..... I might get one on the weekend..... :) around $40?

Zimp13
12-04-2005, 12:47 PM
last time i bought for $50 man

ahcash
12-04-2005, 02:49 PM
3 types I think. (if I am not mistaken)

Yellow color = $40 (made in Taiwan)

Blue color = $50 (made in Taiwan)

Clear color = $60 High Quality (Made by Master Technician, Melbourne) :thumbsup:

edw-R
12-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Great post!!

spoon fit
12-04-2005, 06:18 PM

Clear color = $60 High Quality (Made by Master Technician, Melbourne) :thumbsup:

Master Technician:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

toE
13-04-2005, 12:25 AM
What's the point of resetting the CVT?

I understand the ECU, but CVT? :)

MRFIT
13-04-2005, 01:03 AM

master technician??? what the? please enlighten me..... :)

FIT
13-04-2005, 06:29 PM
can someone tell me the place or website or even the phone number of the master technician one in melb...(this is just the grounding kit right? not pivot

ahcash
13-04-2005, 09:07 PM
can someone tell me the place or website or even the phone number of the master technician one in melb...(this is just the grounding kit right? not pivot

FIT, just be awared that cables made by tech is home made using high quality cables.. I will let him (master technician :D) know and if he is interested, he will PM you lah .. he is very moody one.. :cool:

Quite frankly, it's better quality than those made in Taiwan IMO. SpoonFit, yeah??? I've got mine made by him...

MRFIT
14-04-2005, 12:03 AM
I want some too..... :)