PDA

View Full Version : insurance?

i_jazz_u
11-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Hey guys, just wondering what insurance are you with? I have a eg sedan with a engine conversion and wanted to know who which insurance company is best?

dove grey 64
12-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Lots of factors come into insurance premiums and excess pricing.
Age, prior claims, suburb, vehicle, immobiliser, graraged or outdoors overnight,state.

Most insurance agencys dont care about modifications these days as if the car wasnt in rwc and caused the incident they just void your claim. If you were not at fault they repay to the amount of stock parts replacement, not aftermarket value etc.

I normally use racv

Drifter995
16-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Just cars or shannons is my call. Both look after modified drivers, both allow you to choose your own mechanic, etc.
Shannons is nice and cheap if you rego your daily as well, too.
They don't touch you if you've written off a car in the last 5 years though

dove grey 64
17-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Shannons has been baring/knocking back ae86 owners lately. I used to be with them.
My wife works in insurance and alot of people have issues with shannons not paying out claims.
Again not saying its the case for everybody, not discriminating against shannons, just putting in my 2c

Drifter995
17-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Shannons has been baring/knocking back ae86 owners lately. I used to be with them.
My wife works in insurance and alot of people have issues with shannons not paying out claims.
Again not saying its the case for everybody, not discriminating against shannons, just putting in my 2c

Well, to be fair, it's an insurance companies job/ in their best interests to try and not pay somebody out. So, if they find anything out that wasn't claimed (mods, etc) they'll take that excuse. Same goes for any and every insurance company.
But yeah, those two in particular are more accepting of mods, shannons is for enthusiasts.
Only reason I can see 86 owners getting knocked back might be because of history, or Something about the car in particular, but unsure on that.