PDA

View Full Version : Champcars

Mr Vti
10-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Although i am not into champcars that much i think this season should be interesting. With the new australia team in it, i have now got someone to support. I am also looking forward to seeing Former test and f1 driver Timo Glock race. I think he deserved a F1 seat this season.
so what do u guys think of champcars.

LUD02C
11-04-2005, 05:38 PM
If I remember to watch it on ESPN I do watch it, best thing is its live on it.
I don't follow much to be honest, not sure why.
If IRL and Indy got back together I think it would be a great motorsport again.

Team Aussie Champ or whatever there called bought out another champ team from what I read in a Magazine.
Marcus Marshall is driving for them and he is a talented Aussie driver.

I think a round is on tonight on channel 10 isn't it?

toE
11-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Somebody fill me in on what's classified as a Champ Car please. :o

zco
11-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Somebody fill me in on what's classified as a Champ Car please. :o

same:wave:

JDM.Power
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
are champ cars are like the indys..but the champs race in like a round round track!..for like 100+ laps ...???*correct me if im wrong* an any of these drivers in the champ cars! ...jimmy vasser?

JDM.Power
11-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I think a round is on tonight on channel 10 isn't it?

yes there is a round on tonight channel ten @ 11:30pm

tegstar83
11-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah Ill be watching for sure!

And for all the NOOBS Irl is where they run Toyota, Honda , Chevy and I think another few engines, These are the one's that run on oval tracks Im not sure if they run on circuits some times I think the do but b/c its not on free to air I dont know.

Champcars is AKA: Indy cars. They run full Ford cosworth turbo V8 engines on around 700hp with no traction control they run predomintly on circuit tracks but run like one or two ovals in the series. Champ cars are alot better than F1 IMO its more fun b/c theres more overtaking and passing they also have this button called a push to pass button where every race they get about 60 seconds of extra boost to pass or to keep there current positions. Any way as said earlier round one will be on tonight on ten at 11:30 dont miss it!

JDM.Power
11-04-2005, 11:25 PM
round ONE LBC! im watching it fo sHO! thats the only thing i like about the champ cars so much over taking an i love it when they crash! lol

toE
11-04-2005, 11:50 PM
are champ cars are like the indys..but the champs race in like a round round track!..for like 100+ laps ...???

That's NASCAR i think. :o

tegstar83
12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
No toe: Champcars and IRL are both open wheeler categorys, NASCAR is Tin Roofed cars but they also run on ovals but they sometimes run circuits as well, its where Marcose Ambrose will go next year

IRI
12-04-2005, 09:41 AM
watched it last night for about 20mins... then switched off cos it was boring and the cars look slow... LBC track is too tight and looks pretty crappy condition....
oh, and i couldnt stand the voices of the comentators.

JDM.Power
12-04-2005, 10:06 AM
i fell asleep! an that never happens 2 me when i watch F1 !

LUD02C
12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm sure they run at 2 street circuits.
1 in Florida and another in Mexico.

^^v
12-04-2005, 06:19 PM
hmm not really into champ cars or irl or nas...
n as for the oval racing.. i dun see the fun in it.. u just go around in circles.. i mean... wots the skill involved in that.. i guess once u get the hang of it u can do it with ur eyes closed...
only challenging thing i can see about it is overtaking..

LUD02C
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
From what Ryan Briscoe said itsa harder then what it looks.
I'd love to give it ago.

As for Nascar, doesn't interest me at all :thumbdwn:

tegstar83
12-04-2005, 09:47 PM
hmm not really into champ cars or irl or nas...
n as for the oval racing.. i dun see the fun in it.. u just go around in circles.. i mean... wots the skill involved in that.. i guess once u get the hang of it u can do it with ur eyes closed...
only challenging thing i can see about it is overtaking..

and thats y ur racing cars in the IRL around an oval huh??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

civ_sik
12-04-2005, 09:54 PM
champ cars used to be sooo much better than f1 when honda, toyota, and merc were supporting the cars engines, but when they left the series took a downward fall, but now i think its on the improve with some of the drivers and more cars getting back into the series... but they arent that slow they have 750hp and 800 with push to pass on, and no traction control which make it fun to watch...

Sprung Munkey
13-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Damn.... Some of you boys don't know the motor history of it...

Ok... Back in the day there was a single open wheeler race in Indinanapolis. Known as Indy 500. Everyone know of this famous track.
Once upon a time F1 + F2 and Inanapolis car could race there together for the crown of the Indy 500.
When the F1s stop racing there, the US created thier own rival open wheeler race series, to rival against the European F1. For many years there were two series. Indy + F1.
At a point in history. Indy broke up into two, over management spills and where and when to race and on what typr of course. Oval or Curcuit. Effectivly Indy cars stayed on Ovals, and the newly formed Indy Cart. CART being: Championship Auto Racers Teams. The spilt in US racing created two secenes.
Untill 2 years ago, CART was huge. Indy cars ran in the background and really only surfaced once a year for the 500.
Two years ago managment fcuked up in CART and people didn't like where it was going with rules and regs and the need for mirror engines and tyres. Manufactures also had input by withdrawing from the sieres to Indy, because it was building in popularity and Cart was gonig down the drain. So they left for and redesigned IRL. Indy Racing Leauge.
CHAMP cars was shit for two years, but slowly fans are comming back due to really close racing that isn't seen in F1 or IRL. Push to pass is a really good addition to thier cars. BUT IMO they look like ass! Not visually stimulating as an F1 car.

Remember Team Kool Green? The Australian owned CART car? Runs in IRL. The team that won JPM two titles? is now @ IRL. Honda left CHAMP for IRL. Especailly after the Mugen/Honda debarcle in F1 in the late 1990s.

CHAMP cars run mainly on Circuts. 1 or 2 ovals. IRL run mainly on Ovals with the 1 odd Curcit race. CHAMP also have a LOT of shit street circuts like LBC. Onlt becuase the US hasn't actually got THAT many road circuts that are up to thier standards.
CHAMP is returning to Leguna Seca this year after a three yr absence.

civ_sik
13-04-2005, 01:48 PM
agree with most of the stuff you wrote there man but not it all

^^v
17-04-2005, 08:48 PM
and thats y ur racing cars in the IRL around an oval huh??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lolz wots that got to do with anything? i could be in the JGTC for all u know :P

i mean sure .. its prolly not a walk in the park... but i just dun see it comparable to circuit racing..
just not as appealing to me! its boring as hell!.... IMO

if u've ever gone to the track... u know how fun it is :thumbsup:

tegstar83
17-04-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah its just not as easy as it looks on Tv. If u take the wrong line then ur gonna get pretty ****ed up, I mean at those speeds ur ass end is most likely gonna step out.

^^v
17-04-2005, 09:09 PM
yeah its just not as easy as it looks on Tv. If u take the wrong line then ur gonna get pretty ****ed up, I mean at those speeds ur ass end is most likely gonna step out.

yeah datz true i guess...

tegstar83
17-04-2005, 09:24 PM
One thing u shopuld do is watch the Indianapolis 500 an take a look at how hard they work behind the wheel, Im sure its around Agust time. Unless u have ESPN ant then ull be able to watch every week :D

LUD02C
18-04-2005, 08:57 AM
If anyone watched Ryan Briscoes first race after he crashed on the 13th lap what he said to the commintators?

"I thought it would be easy driving around in circles, but I was so very wrong"

Might look easy, but its NOT!

^^v
18-04-2005, 01:38 PM
still reckon circuit is more 'fun' :D

**Ghost**
19-04-2005, 12:33 PM
personally speaking i reckon it'd be a hard thing to do.... just wish it wasnt so fking boring to watch

Javed
25-04-2005, 07:40 PM
IRL and Champ cars or whatever the hell they are is PURE SHIT. I have not watched naything more boring in my life! F1 aand WRC all the way!