PDA

View Full Version : Programming Honda key transponder

Anon22
17-08-2014, 08:19 PM
so i recently bought a bb6 prelude and it only came with 1 key. i bought 2 blank honda keys and got a locksmith to cut them only to be informed the transponder inside of it needs to be programmed by honda otherwise the key will only unlock the car, it wont start it. anyways i just wanted to see if anyone knows how much honda charges for this and wheres the best place to go, Thank you

ECU-MAN
18-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Go to a Honda Delaer to get them programmed, If you do not have the red key Honda dealers cannot help you

If you have 1 Black key and the Red key go to your Honda Dealer to get the keys programmed in

If you only have the 1 black key and no red key your in a bit of trouble as Dealers can only sell you a replacement immobiliser solution costing $400 plus

I can assist you if you have no red key.

vrmmmpshhh
20-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Thumbs up for ecuman. He did my civic and a friends a few weeks back.

[stealth]
22-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Ecuman is the man! See him if your local....
Great friend and probably too knowledgeable :)

Anon22
15-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Just thought id update this....

After taking the car and the keys to the Honda service dealer at parramatta and 2 or 3 big name locksmith companies,
i was told it just cant be done without the red key. after telling a friend of mine my situation, i got reffered to a guy
that works from his van from canley heights lol....long story short he programmed both my keys for $70 and it took him
2-3 minutes using only the master black key. Unbelievable how shit and useless everybody else was and their over priced alternatives...

EKVTIR-T
15-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Just thought id update this....

After taking the car and the keys to the Honda service dealer at parramatta and 2 or 3 big name locksmith companies,
i was told it just cant be done without the red key. after telling a friend of mine my situation, i got reffered to a guy
that works from his van from canley heights lol....long story short he programmed both my keys for $70 and it took him
2-3 minutes using only the master black key. Unbelievable how shit and useless everybody else was and their over priced alternatives...he probably used one of those ebay key programmers that thieves use

ECU-MAN
15-11-2014, 08:03 PM
did he program in new keys with new codes or did he clone your existing black key ?

curtis265
16-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a clone to me

Anon22
16-11-2014, 05:57 PM
I have no idea how he did it i didnt see unfortunately lol, however i can tell you he didnt even touch my car so it probably a "clone". He told me the machine he used cost him almost $3000 haha...

ECU-MAN
16-11-2014, 06:29 PM
If he did not touch yoru car its a clone

r3ckless
18-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Whats the downside about a clone ,, or the other method?

ECU-MAN
19-11-2014, 07:20 AM
with a clone lost keys are still programmed in the car and can still start the car.

If all keys have the same ID thus you cannot program out any lost keys