PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 Jazz - First Impressions

mpricecs
20-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Had the Jazz VTi-L for nearly 2 weeks, so ready to post some impressions.

I have never been one for small automatic cars (always a manual for me) so this is a first. I have never been impressed by the lack of grunt and all the noise and constant gear changes.

The Jazz however, has changed my mind. The engine/CVT combination is actually a pleasure to drive, smooth, unobtrusive and only a bit noisier if you need to push it hard, as I would expect any small car. For those complaining about the lack of the direct injection engine, get over it, it isn’t hear so complaining about it is the same as complaining that it does not have a Ferrari engine. Something to look forward to in the future.

Lets’ also put to bed some other criticisms I have seen and address some questions.

Colours – not a big choice but enough and obviously a person preference. They all look good, except I have had black before and won’t go there again. I bought the ‘Attrack Yellow’. Compared to the pictures in the brochure it is slightly ‘greener’ particularly in the shade.

Rear drum brakes – see no problem here at all. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t know.

Passenger front seat room – again not a problem for most people and if it is, then you are looking to buy into the wrong car segment.

Seat comfort – I found no problem with the drivers seat. It does not have as much side support as the Euro but it wasn’t a problem. The seat adjustments and steering wheel adjustments were adequate to give me a very comfortable driving position

Gearing – just over 3000rpm cruising at 100km/h, less than my Accord Euro Lux!

Fuel Consumption – Satisfying. 5.4l/100km on a recent trip and 6.1l/100km on another with some urban driving. Pure urban driving varies, but havn’t seen more than 7.7l/100km over an extended period.

Performance – for a small ‘city’ car, and you need to remind yourself of this, it is surprisingly good and I quite enjoy driving it. It is nippy in traffic without having to push hard and goes well on the open road. In fact, on good roads (and I will come to that later) I have to remind myself that I am in the Jazz and not the Euro.

Ride and Handling – again for a small ‘city’ car it is surprisingly good, but being a short wheelbase / narrow track vehicle it will always struggle more than a larger car. On good roads it rides and handles well though. Where it does show its size is when the surface become coarse and choppy, the ride feels firm, a bit like overinflating your tyres by 10psi. I would not describe it as bad but typically of a small ‘city’ car. The car also exhibits a bit more body roll than I am use too, but again it is not bad, but you do notice it.

Space – here is where the jazz excels. You actually feel like you are sitting in a much bigger car. It is spacious, definitely not claustrophobic and the majic seats need no introduction. There is loads of legroom in the back for 2 adults.

Entertainment – all works as described, takes a bit of getting use too, but cannot fault. A phone that I couldn’t get to work with the Euro has no problems with the Jazz.

So what is there to dislike? Surprisingly very little. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the rear seatbelts have a high take-off point that can place the belt at an uncomfortable position as it passes over your shoulder if you are short. Otherwise I am enjoying the drive!

Grayfox
20-08-2014, 07:09 PM
What is it like in sequential mode?

Is it fun with the 7-speed.

mpricecs
20-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Only used the paddle shifters a few times to get the feel for it. The 7 speeds are good and evenly spread and certainly can get the car motoring and is quite smooth once you get use to it.

warrenR
22-08-2014, 02:51 PM
For those complaining about the lack of the direct injection engine, get over it, it isn’t hear so complaining about it is the same as complaining that it does not have a Ferrari engine. Something to look forward to in the future.
MOP I do not see any 'problem' of Honda throwing in a lower ouput engine or lower cost braking system along with the new car. I am sure that whatever powertrain or brake system that Honda use on the new Jazz or any car will be fully tested for good comfortability, adequate level perfornamce, and beyond safety standards. So there wont be any actual problems by using old engines and rear dum braks. My point is that Honda already has a direct injection engine in place for Jazz, why not putting it on for the Aussie models? Honda may have tons of reason to explain this (we all know the real reason is greater profit margins and smaller marjet here) but non of these make any sense to us as consumers.

Rear drum brakes – see no problem here at all. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t know. - Same opinion as above. I am sure it will be 100% safe to put a rear dum brake in 3rd gen Jazz. But it is a downgrade from 2nd gen Jazz and cnsumer wont feel pleased for

Gearing – just over 3000rpm cruising at 100km/h, less than my Accord Euro Lux! - Are you sure its 3000rpm not 2000rpm when cruising at 100km/h? My 5AT civic reving just below 2000rpm when cruising 100km/h.

Apart fron that, love your comments. I was going to test drive one this weekend :)

Jasemas
23-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Too bad we did not get the Jap made Jazz's
Nice review though
Also
Why go from disc brakes from the 2nd gen to drum in the 3rd?
Cost cutting much

mpricecs
25-08-2014, 03:42 PM
- Are you sure its 3000rpm not 2000rpm when cruising at 100km/h? My 5AT civic reving just below 2000rpm when cruising 100km/h.

Sorry, typo you are correct, should have been 2000rpm

rosewood
28-08-2014, 11:21 AM
another happy 2015 jazz vti-s owner, love it beautiful to drive. this new jazz is the best Jazz honda has put out so far & I have owned 1st, 2nd & now 3rd generation.

Grayfox
28-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Does anyone else see a very close resemblance, as when i look at the rear of a Jazz i get reminded of the C30
Honda Fit/Jazz
http://i2.wp.com/paultan.org/image/2013/09/fit-hybrid-09.jpg?resize=310%2C310

Volvo C30
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/IvorETower/C30-03rear.jpg

rosewood
28-08-2014, 01:04 PM
probably a little bit of the shape except for the lights, by the way these led lights in the jazz are fantastic for driving at night.

amant02
28-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Na, As a Jazz owner. Im still disappointed. I was actually considering trading my GD for the new one when reading all its bells and whistles.

Looked away the second I found out Honda Australia, wasn't going to be providing what I had be hoping. Didn't even bother on a test drive.

I'm truly hoping that Honda would release a face lifted model in the near future, that will deliver what they had promised to get the hype up. Deliver what you promise, simple.

This example also may scare the aussie market against CTR. I hope Honda Aust don't sell 1/2 ass version of the CTR.

Grayfox
28-08-2014, 10:38 PM
This example also may scare the aussie market against CTR. I hope Honda Aust don't sell 1/2 ass version of the CTR.

Did the FN2 come with an LSD?

If not, they do.

In the UK the FN2 comes standard with HIDs and some come with an LSD

amant02
28-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Did the FN2 come with an LSD?

If not, they do.

In the UK the FN2 comes standard with HIDs and some come with an LSD

I think in 10+ or something like that came with LSD. I also do believe FN2R doesn't deserve the Type R badge all together.

Grayfox
29-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I dont fully know why some people call it the FN2R.

The FN2 is the type R.
The FN is the 3 door civic hatchback chassis code and the number is for the engine.

FN1 is a 1.8
FN2 is the 2.0
FN3 is the 2.2 diesel which i wish austrralia got
FN4 is the 1.3

curtis265
29-08-2014, 06:41 PM
I dont fully know why some people call it the FN2R.

The FN2 is the type R.
The FN is the 3 door civic hatchback chassis code and the number is for the engine.

FN1 is a 1.8
FN2 is the 2.0
FN3 is the 2.2 diesel which i wish austrralia got
FN4 is the 1.3

mainly because nobody cares

warrenR
07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Not sure if any of you will agree but this is what I feel. I used to own a first gen GD Jazz vti, and also had driven the 2nd gen GE 1.5 Jazz numerous times.

When rev the GD Jazz up to 5K or above, I found the engine sound better than the GE Jazz.

Maybe Honda try to keep the Cabin noise down on the GE?

If any of you been driving both GD and GE you probably know what I mean.

By the way I love driving the GD over the GE. Its one of the best small Hatch back in 2003 :)

amant02
07-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Warren, I agree.

The GE feels more for the grandpa and the GD feels alot more sporty.

Even around bends, the GD held its ground very well powering through the rev range. The GE feels like.... a Yaris.

SAWAKITA
26-09-2014, 02:31 AM
Great review, I'm enjoying my VTi-L as well.
No regret selling the Integra Type S for changeover at all.
But I do find some little exterior quality defects.

mpricecs
26-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Great review, I'm enjoying my VTi-L as well.
No regret selling the Integra Type S for changeover at all.
But I do find some little exterior quality defects.

What defects have you noticed?

For me, looking very closely down the side I can see a minor inconsistency in the door fit (passenger side only). This is amplified by the 'many' creases in the side panels. Also the front and rear bumpers where they join the side panels have some slight inconsistencies in the fit. The only other problem I have had (to be fixed at the 1500km service) is that the drivers door is a bit tight, and not as easy to close.

SAWAKITA
26-09-2014, 05:37 PM
What defects have you noticed?

-Uneven paint surface near driver side fog light, looks like some debris got painted over.
-Windscreen washer cover was not even, if you feel the plastic gaps with your finger, you can feel the left and right gaps are different.
-Sharp edge passenger side quarter panel near headlight.
-Noisy rear passenger window(left) while driving(when opened).
-Rear window bottom corner cover, uneven gap compare with the other side.

rosewood
26-09-2014, 06:03 PM
I haven't noticed anything except the doors having to close them twice at times, and the back seat movement when changing from flat to upright the seat isn't clipping down on its own right & I have push on the seat to clip it in. will ask about this on my 10,000,
@mpricecs- there is no 1500km service its 1,000 & then 10,000

mpricecs
26-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I haven't noticed anything except the doors having to close them twice at times, and the back seat movement when changing from flat to upright the seat isn't clipping down on its own right & I have push on the seat to clip it in. will ask about this on my 10,000,
@mpricecs- there is no 1500km service its 1,000 & then 10,000

Hmmm. Just noticed that the service manual says 1 month, just assumed 1500km. Mine will be a bit late!

Same issue with my drivers door - rest are OK.

rosewood
26-09-2014, 07:56 PM
nope, 1 month/1000 & then 6mths/10,000. I think the door issue is this air movement when closing the door, as if the door pushes the air towards the car which stops it closing right. if the door is not wide open it closes fine. I think its with every jazz as I saw one at the dealers & I told the rep the door was out of alignment & he showed me that it was not shut.

SAWAKITA
26-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I serviced my car today with 600km on clock, already been a month still can't get to 1000.
Checked other new Jazzs in the dealer, all have the same gap difference like mine, I guess thats normal?
But show them the uneven paint around fog light, they offer to repaint the whole front bumper. I refused, don't want to do all that just for a small spot.

Jasemas
26-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Must be a thai built problem

rosewood
27-09-2014, 09:37 AM
before purchasing my jazz I was reading posts at the usa honda fit forum where their vehicles were coming out of mexico & they seem to have big production faults . thai didn't have any of these faults.

Jasemas
27-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Well I guss they do now

rosewood
27-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Well I guss they do now

cheap out usa problems from this thread & the don't come from thailand
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/83653-quality-issues-new-fit.html

08ESE
05-10-2014, 09:51 AM
I took a cvt for a test drive a few weeks ago. Loved the car, hated the transmission, so dead off the line. If i were to get one, I myself would go the manual. As for the drum brakes whingers, my first jazz, had done 180 thousand kms when i sold it, and the rear brake linings werent half worn! The brakes on my 09 , with discs, dont feel any different, so im not fazed by drums. As for the earth dreams motors, amazing things, BUT even if it were available, i wouldnt tick the box, i want my jazz affordable. I loved the amount of kit it had for the money, im pissed that the white is now pearl, leaving the only non extra cost colour being the doomed to fade, red.

08ESE
05-10-2014, 09:53 AM
on top of your standard ge air box is a plastic cap held on with 2 10mm bolts. remove this, and youll hear your engine. Its a muffler for the intake.

08ESE
05-10-2014, 09:54 AM
I disagree. In gli form ive owned a gd for 9 years and now a ge for 4 years. The gd didnt handle anywhere near as good as my ge, but the ge is not what id call comfortable.

Torell
05-10-2014, 02:32 PM
i wonder if the new screen will fit in a ge8 plug n play

amant02
05-10-2014, 03:59 PM
I disagree. In gli form ive owned a gd for 9 years and now a ge for 4 years. The gd didnt handle anywhere near as good as my ge, but the ge is not what id call comfortable.

I disagree.

GD>GE.

Have driven both, ALOT. In terms of handling.... GD is worlds apart from the grandpa GE. I do agree take off in the GE feels alot better then the CVT, but once you have the speed up so much easier to manage with the 7 speed box.

Now i can keep going on about how each version of the L15 manages its power etc etc or why spoon is still racing their GD.

I'd also say the GE is much comfier/lux then the GD. Honda fixed all the daily driver issues on the GD with GE. Reduced Blind Spots, extra storage spaces, more cupholders etc etc.

on top of your standard ge air box is a plastic cap held on with 2 10mm bolts. remove this, and youll hear your engine. Its a muffler for the intake.

Do not do this. Dumb move just for sound. Go buy a $20 pod filter from supercheap if you wanna do this.

One day a tiny rock/seed/some small object is gonna flick up in his engine bay and get sucked up into the engine....KABLAMOOO!

rosewood
05-10-2014, 10:12 PM
i wonder if the new screen will fit in a ge8 plug n play

no I put a 7" screen in my Ge jazz & the screen in the MY15 is a different shape totally.

08ESE
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
I disagree.

GD>GE.

Have driven both, ALOT. In terms of handling.... GD is worlds apart from the grandpa GE. I do agree take off in the GE feels alot better then the CVT, but once you have the speed up so much easier to manage with the 7 speed box.

Now i can keep going on about how each version of the L15 manages its power etc etc or why spoon is still racing their GD.

I'd also say the GE is much comfier/lux then the GD. Honda fixed all the daily driver issues on the GD with GE. Reduced Blind Spots, extra storage spaces, more cupholders etc etc.

ive owned both, gd 9 years, ge 4 years and have found, MY gd was far more comfortable than MY current ge, the ones you have owned might have been different?. The Ge i have is harsh, you feel every bump on the road, and it handles a lot better than my gd did, and the gd was lowered, both cars have had the same set of rims and tyres, put them on the gd before i sold it then changed them to the ge. The gd also had a better put together interior by a longshot.

both my jazzes have been gli 1.3 manuals. The gd was a tad better on fuel, 5.3avg and the ge about 5.6, BUT the ge will EAT the gd performance wise, it punches well above its weight.

Having said all this.... i wouldnt change my ge for a gd. The ge is a much better car. I do agree they fixed a lot of gd quirks. The ge doesnt "lift a leg" over ruts, having longer rear suspension, its blind spots are a lot better, the rear seat can fold down without losing the seatbelts or having to dig for them when lifting the seat back up. I can change headlight globes with my eyes shut, and not have to pull the inner guard out. I can also fit almost any set of mags to it without worrying about them hitting the calipers on the front.

ive also noticed on the new jazz, that they have fixed my main peeve about the ge, The rearvision mirror.... if i make it low enough to be able to see past the 3rd brake light in the back window, its in my face, and if i lift the mirror out of my way, all i can see in the back window is the brake light.

08ESE
06-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Do not do this. Dumb move just for sound. Go buy a $20 pod filter from supercheap if you wanna do this.

One day a tiny rock/seed/some small object is gonna flick up in his engine bay and get sucked up into the engine....KABLAMOOO!

as for this reply, go have a look, take it off, and you will see this cannot happen, all that there is under this cap is a void, which is SEALED. its completely impossible for it to suck up anything, as the air path is not changed in any way. Also a pod is a waste of $20 and if you get pulled up, a defect ( in qld anyway )

wolfleader
06-10-2014, 11:04 AM
don't worry about amant02, he has no idea what planet he's on.

no JDM car will do that to you.

amant02
06-10-2014, 04:33 PM
W.e u two. Wolfleader come back and talk wen u have a car. 08ESE from the sounds of things i dont think u can put any of the cars thru their paceses. Keep that airbox unlocked. The air box does more thn just keep it all sealed up. But hey u two know more then me.

VT3C
07-10-2014, 05:27 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/Gaijin-Garage/GG-FB_AUS-GK5-JAZZ_AUG2014_zps175ab18c.jpg

We took a GK5 (CVT) for a drive the other week, was very impressed with the quality of the new car overall.. definitely a jump on the old model in most ways but I do prefer the out-of-the-box 'sporty' feel of the GE8.

The Suspension frightened me with it's spongyness and bodyroll but I did drive my caged EG to the dealership which may have amplified the feeling.

Spoon already has Coilovers available for the GK5 and I think this would be an AMAZING upgrade on the car, Spoon tells me it transforms the runabout into something that reminds them of the EG6 !! mind you they get the DOHC, Direct Injected motor though.

Spoon have N1 Muffler and B-Pipe available, Brake Pads, Twin-Block Calipers (with Rotors), Brake Hose Set, Re-inforced Brake-Pedal Box, Venturi Throttle Body, RIGID COLLAR, Clutch Slave Hose, Blue Wide vision Mirror (Room Mirror)... and will have Front Lip Spoiler and Rear Carbon Wing available very soon.. PLUS MUCH MORE.

In Addition, Gaijin-Garage.com can also get you the full OEM Range of MODULO Accessories for the new GK model !

please send an email to sales@gaijin-garage.com for more details :)

Here's our Gaijin-Garage Spoon Fit3 Concept from 2013 that has recently been made into reality :)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/Gaijin-Garage/FB_S-Tai_Concept-Artwork_zps9a54dd5f.jpg

If you don't follow the Super Taikyu series in Japan, Spoon has won 3 from 4 endurance races this season in the new GK5 and are huge fans of the new chassis, with 2 x S-Tai racecars, their Street Spec GK5 (white) and also their K20A GK5 Street-Registered Demo car (Yellow) :)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/Gaijin-Garage/FB_S-Tai_Rnd4_Kazuki_01_zpsab4e7693.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/Gaijin-Garage/GG-FB_S-Tai_FiT3-Racecar_02_zpsb98646f7.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/Gaijin-Garage/GG-FB-SPOON-FIT3-S-Tai_01_zps7ecc4799.jpg

We'll keep you posted of new Spoon product releases for GK5 on our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/Ga1j1nGarage) or send us an email with any questions to sales@gaijin-garage.com.

amant02
08-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Wow very fast aftermarket support. Looks nice.

chow_tofu
13-10-2014, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the tip, car sounds like its got a pod filter now :L

As discussed on fitfreak - http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/59847-stock-intake-top-chamber-what.html

amant02
14-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the tip, car sounds like its got a pod filter now :L

As discussed on fitfreak - http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/59847-stock-intake-top-chamber-what.html

Oh my I've warned you idiots. Doing this is not good for the car.

Things you should notice straight away - More Sound - More fuel Used.

How it works, your engine will create certain amount of energy when it burns fuel, now most of this energy is used to move the car. Now if the engine was perfect this will be the only form energy the engine should make when it burns its fuel.

But we dont live in a perfect world.

Some of the energy is wasted into sound energy, fair bit gets wasted as thermal energy etc etc.

How if your engine is burning same amount of fuel and its making more sound, I wonder whats suffering?

That camber does more then "control sound" im pretty sure when engineers who make millions of dollars making these sort of things designed it like this for a reason.

Im no expert but my bet is Max Torque and KW is effected by how this camber works how it flows the air into a certain pattern. ECU could be running engine rich for all you may know.

Cmon this idea was given by a guy who drives a 1.3L and thinks its Sporty.

wolfleader
14-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Its not a guy who drives a 1.3L and thinks its sporty, Its coming from a random on the internet who wishes he had a JDM car.

amant02
14-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Its not a guy who drives a 1.3L and thinks its sporty, Its coming from a random on the internet who wishes he had a JDM car.

But I do have a JDM car. I think its time you stop.

curtis265
14-10-2014, 10:48 AM
amant

please stop, go read a physics text book and then come back

Jasemas
14-10-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm so lost :S

rokkuchan
04-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Just bought this today. Take delivery in a few days. Black VTi. I am back! Use to own a 2003 Jazz > S2k >Cu2 Accord Euro LuxNavi> Now Jazz VTi & M3. :)

rosewood
05-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Just bought this today. Take delivery in a few days. Black VTi. I am back! Use to own a 2003 Jazz > S2k >Cu2 Accord Euro LuxNavi> Now Jazz VTi & M3. :)

good luck with black, just sold my 2008 ge black, glad to see the back side of it....lol my new jazz is white pearl

rokkuchan
05-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Its not that bad. My first jazz was black and I managed.

iyang
13-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Had Some Demos on sale at Austral Honda Newstead Brisbane :)http://australhonda.com.au/new-demo-honda-sale.html
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1012937_1508753509379652_5034902519030783048_n.jpg ?oh=02d1b472cbc6ef0f3c463f9fa65ea2ef&oe=54E0D68D

ehonda
18-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Had Some Demos on sale at Austral Honda Newstead Brisbane :)http://australhonda.com.au/new-demo-honda-sale.html
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1012937_1508753509379652_5034902519030783048_n.jpg ?oh=02d1b472cbc6ef0f3c463f9fa65ea2ef&oe=54E0D68D

some ppl on whirlpool manage to score vti model auto for 18k...

rosewood
18-11-2014, 09:31 PM
some ppl on whirlpool manage to score vti model auto for 18k...

taking delivery of another new jazz for business this time its yellow

iyang
19-11-2014, 08:08 AM
if it 18k, it must be plain non-metallic paint ones, these demos listed come with some Honda Genuine Accessories such as Deluxe Carpet Mats, tray protector, alloy foot pedals, door sills, accent blue light, etc.

rokkuchan
21-11-2014, 10:16 PM
here's mine.

Just got bodyarmour9H paint protection done. For a black jazz this is a must.

My weekend sleeping beauty hiding at the back.

rosewood
22-11-2014, 07:54 AM
nice job

ehonda
23-11-2014, 10:25 AM
bought one also vtis 21k modern steel color
got 4mats and whatever crap i tried asking for free

hey whats the recommended petrol to fill her up???

rosewood
23-11-2014, 10:38 AM
bought one also vtis 21k modern steel color
got 4mats and whatever crap i tried asking for free

hey whats the recommended petrol to fill her up???

91 or higher

Torell
24-11-2014, 03:08 PM
hey since we are on subject, the ge8 jazz is compatible with e10 fuel, so would that suggest the fuel system can safely run e85?

rosewood
24-11-2014, 04:08 PM
hey since we are on subject, the ge8 jazz is compatible with e10 fuel, so would that suggest the fuel system can safely run e85?

all new cars take the E pumps but its not recommended that you use it all the time.
I always use 98

ehonda
05-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Those aftermarket windows fenders, how much they cost...had windows down and bird decided to drop a white parcel which didn't drip landed inside...

rosewood
05-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Those aftermarket windows fenders, how much they cost...had windows down and bird decided to drop a white parcel which didn't drip landed inside...

if you are talking about the door weathershields

Honda Jazz MY15 Slimline Weathershields

$147.95

Product Code: 08R04-T5L-700X

ehonda
24-03-2015, 08:51 PM
damn only had the car for 1month, went to vn for a couple of weeks...come back...parents tell me a truckie reversed into front bumper while they were shopping for pavements...

order new front bumper and mounted it...

rosewood
15-05-2015, 02:23 PM

have my maps loaded from my samsung s6 to the honda info display with the help of sygic car navigation app. No honda link app required. off line maps & gives turn by turn audio navigation. the premium app is a one time purchase of $100.00

mpricecs
06-06-2015, 03:56 PM

have my maps loaded from my samsung s6 to the honda info display with the help of sygic car navigation app. No honda link app required. off line maps & gives turn by turn audio navigation. the premium app is a one time purchase of $100.00

This is indeed good news. Please tells us how it works. How is the phone physically connected to the display? Can you gain access to the app from the screen or do you need to start the app on the phone before you set off on your journey? Can you still access all the other features of the display whilst connected - ie: go back and forwards to the radio, CD etc..

rosewood
06-06-2015, 04:18 PM
its connected by usb, once its connected a arrow appears on the screen which you then select the app. The phone's display is then blacked out & you then use the info display. This app only works if your car display is mirror link 1.1 such as the honda jazz 2014 and other honda models. You can download the 7 days trial & it does keep running after the 7 days but the voice navigation does not work until you buy the premium. I also paid for the speed cameras but they are not showing on the maps I am waiting for support to get back to me. 2824128242

mpricecs
07-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Downloaded, but cannot get to work on my current model VTi-L. Do not get the arrows for the USB????. Using Motorola RAZR M on android 4.1.2

rosewood
07-06-2015, 04:41 PM
thats because your phone/firmware has no mirrior link 1.1. android 5 is needed.
https://cert.mirrorlink.com/Productlisting/

NightRyder
08-06-2015, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't you guys prefer one of these? I would. :)

http://reviewsthecars.com/honda-jazz-mugen-review-the-rare-car-2015/honda-jazz-mugen/

mpricecs
08-06-2015, 03:49 PM
thats because your phone/firmware has no mirrior link 1.1. android 5 is needed.
https://cert.mirrorlink.com/Productlisting/

Thanks for that clarification.

MikeS001-Tas
12-10-2015, 12:22 PM
and now in 2015,
I do like my Jazz, for me it has enough grunt when I need it, but sweet to drive in traffic.

Even so, as a Honda owner of many many years, I've been truly saddened by (post-Japanese?) cost cutting. I actually dented that corner panel above the doors while polishing the roof, just with my hand !

These forward slanting bonnets popular these days look and air glide fine but unfortunately really present the first front to oncoming stones.
I have over a dozen chips after only 9 months.
White showing under the red, perhaps the paint is particularly thin I don't know.

The so called "entertainment" system is a startlingly poor comparison to its competitors.
Looks like the software was written by a high school student.
Correction, a high school student would have applied much more fresh imagination.
Clearly the 'engineer' was given a brief and a budget and that's all he delivered.
Pity.

Front seats, 'the' most uncomfortable I've ever seen(felt)
The magically folding rear seats are bloody awesome.
Shape, suits me fine.

Dear Mr. Honda:
your product is ok, barely. Just don't let your game drop any further.

rosewood
12-10-2015, 12:50 PM
I have always purchased a bonnet protectors but found on the last 2 jazz cars that it a complete waste of money as stones either hit the screen or the middle of the bonnet. I only had 1 stone hit so far & it was the screen. It actually chipped into the glass but had it repaired straight away.

MikeS001-Tas
12-10-2015, 01:08 PM
agree rosewood,, I got one too, didn't help.
There's one where the stone has hit the protector top edge, then smashed straight into the bonnet directly above it.
The bonnets are simply too big a target. Can't be helped I guess.
Am getting good at touch-ups however LOL

Jasemas
13-10-2015, 01:13 PM
agree rosewood,, I got one too, didn't help.
There's one where the stone has hit the protector top edge, then smashed straight into the bonnet directly above it.
The bonnets are simply too big a target. Can't be helped I guess.
Am getting good at touch-ups however LOL

Time to invest in a clear plastic coat for the front

Though i tend to agree the paint is waifer thin

MikeS001-Tas
13-10-2015, 01:27 PM
aaah the plastic coating, yes the Honda chap mentioned those.
What are your thoughts on that solution ?

Jasemas
13-10-2015, 09:04 PM
aaah the plastic coating, yes the Honda chap mentioned those.
What are your thoughts on that solution ?

More durable than any paint protection/ceramic coating or wax

NightKids
23-10-2015, 01:47 AM
I went to look at the Jazz base model (manual) today. The starting price was around $17,500, he said the best price he could do was $15,800 driveaway.

Is this a reasonable discount? Or should I wait till the end of the year sale?

MikeS001-Tas
23-10-2015, 12:21 PM
I went to look at the Jazz base model (manual) today. The starting price was around $17,500, he said the best price he could do was $15,800 driveaway.

Is this a reasonable discount? Or should I wait till the end of the year sale?

Well just from my own experience, yes it is a reasonable discount.
My sales guy gave me sweet F.A. off the price standard price ($19K base,auto),
didn't offer any extras,
it was perfectly obvious he'd had a great month and didn't need me or the sale,
a 'take it or leave it' attitude.
Yes I think you've done well.

NightKids
25-10-2015, 01:30 AM
OK I just bought the Jazz today. The final figure I got was $16,650 for the base model (manual).

This is inclusive of mats, spoiler, door sill, boot cargo tray and also free 12 month rego & 5 yr warranty.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-10-2015, 03:48 AM
For that extra $850 you did well Nightkids.

rosewood
07-12-2015, 04:18 PM
More durable than any paint protection/ceramic coating or wax

the plastic coating, can you post a link or brand of this product.

curtis265
07-12-2015, 04:52 PM
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Automotive/Aftermarket/Our-Brands/Scotchgard-Pro-Series/

rosewood
08-12-2015, 08:53 AM
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Automotive/Aftermarket/Our-Brands/Scotchgard-Pro-Series/

that's a usa link is it available in AU

curtis265
08-12-2015, 01:04 PM
that's a usa link is it available in AU

Thanks Captain.

Would you like me find you the Australian website (http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/portal/3M/en_AU/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/), order it, install it, try it out and tell you all about it as well?

Or is 5 minutes of research far beyond your capabilities?

rosewood
08-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Thanks Captain.

Would you like me find you the Australian website (http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/portal/3M/en_AU/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/), order it, install it, try it out and tell you all about it as well?

Or is 5 minutes of research far beyond your capabilities?

don't worry about it smart ass