PDA

View Full Version : Euro - where to buy aftermarket fog lights / dealer issues re 17" rims

ikebin
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
hey, i'm trying 2 get fog lights 4 my euro std...does anyone kno i can get them done is Sydney cheap?

PNR888
10-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi ikebin:
welcome to the forum and congrat on the delivery of your 05 Euro.
I am sure there are plenty of aftermarket fog lights you can install. You can also source the Honda genuine for lights (like the ones on Luxury) from Honda Part department. Alternatively, if you consider modify Body kit or change the whole front bumper, then you can find a aerodynamic bumper that comes with fog lights.

A member called Iraclis has fog lights fitted to his 2005 Standard Euro through dealer. there are some minor hiccups. here is the link to that thread.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15230&highlight=Iraclis
Hope this helps.

Tell us a bit more about your Euro.. ie. colour, Auto or manual, accesories, modifications, your Location, etc

yfin
10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Welcome :wave:

Please make sure you add more detail to subject titles - I have edited yours

ikebin
10-04-2005, 11:04 PM
well, i got a silver, yeah i no it's a boring colour, auto euro std... would have bought the luxury if the dealer didn't say that the std had 17". The only mod on it is the aftermarket HIDs, i think 4500k, i got the parkn sensor on mine but they're black and look somewhat akward... i'm looking forward to putting the OEM foglights on, but does any1 know what would be a good price 2 pay 4 these? also has any1 put a carbon fibre hood on their euro?

PNR888
11-04-2005, 12:34 AM
dont get sad when you dont have 17". that gives you a good excuse to go for the 18". or even 19".. hee hee.

KL1368
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
hey ikebin,

congrats on the euro. howcome ur parking sensors are black? all the ones i've seen are body colour. i got em too, and they're great.. but annoying! :p

bigdongers
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
would have bought the luxury if the dealer didn't say that the std had 17".

If the dealer told you the std came with 17's, this would be a lie and you should get them to at least throw in 17 inch rims for free to compensate.

yfin
11-04-2005, 07:55 PM
If the dealer told you the std came with 17's, this would be a lie and you should get them to at least throw in 17 inch rims for free to compensate.

or an honest mistake (more likely). Either way - you should clarify this with the dealership.

ikebin
12-04-2005, 09:42 AM
All the parking sensors that the dealer fitted were black... I guess the 17" thing was a mistake but when i asked him (dealer) to change to the Luxury he said I would have 2 lose my deposit and there wasn't much I could do. He called up one day b4 delivery to start a conversation then told me it didn't have 17".... I probably buy my nxt honda from another dealer!

EuroAccord13
12-04-2005, 04:37 PM
All the parking sensors that the dealer fitted were black... I guess the 17" thing was a mistake but when i asked him (dealer) to change to the Luxury he said I would have 2 lose my deposit and there wasn't much I could do. He called up one day b4 delivery to start a conversation then told me it didn't have 17".... I probably buy my nxt honda from another dealer!

Lose your deposit?? He's playing you my friend....

yfin
12-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Lose your deposit?? He's playing you my friend....

I am not sure of that - he has signed a contract ordering a particular model. There are lots of clauses that take away your rights - eg car can be delayed 6 months before you have a right to terminate the contract! etc etc

The bigger concern is if the dealer misrepresented the differences between the models. Ikebin - if you are sure what the dealer said you should raise it with Honda.

Also - didn't you read the Honda brochure regarding the Euro? I spent quite some time pouring over the specs to see the differences between the models. It should say the standard has 16" rims.

EuroAccord13
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
What I mean is how can he lose his deposit when he is upgrading to the Luxury (being just the wheels only or the whole car, didn't elaborate).. He is not cancelling his order in the first place.. Then there is also the cooling off period in any contract.. I mean, that's how I feel when it comes to stuff like that.. Not arguing with you coz you'll know more and coz you're a freaking lawyer!!! LOL!! :D

aaronng
12-04-2005, 05:49 PM
As far as I know, the contract is just an agreement, not something as strong as legislation. If the dealer agrees to null the contract and make a new one, it is fine. I think your salesperson either was trying to make the sale as soon as possible to meet monthly sales figures, or he didn't want to have to source another car for you. Either way, You should let Honda know. Honda will also send you a questionnaire about your purchase experience in about a month's time. Remember to write it in there that you were told that the base model came with 17" rims, and that the dealer didn't want to change your order from the base model to the luxury.

Anyway, after all that, don't feel bad about your base model. I prefer the silver trim over wood (silver goes nice with your black interior too), and it is a bit lighter than the luxury model. One nice foglight+front bar combo that I've seen is that from the Japan market Euro.
Here's a pic from another thread, it's the US market Euro (TSX) with japan front grill and bar.
http://img86.exs.cx/img86/1073/dscn21871ha.jpg

PNR888
12-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Only Euro-R get this front bumper. Other Euro (CL9) in Japanese market get the same bumper as ours.

aaronng
12-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Hmm, but my issue of japanese VTEC magazine with the Accord Euro 2.4TL ad in the back show the same front bumper. Maybe the one you saw was the 2.4T?

edit: Just checked Honda.co.jp's site. The 24T does come with our Euro front bar. But both the 24TL (which is the equivalent of our 2004 Luxury) and the 24S come with the same front bar as the Euro R.

yfin
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Only Euro-R get this front bumper. Other Euro (CL9) in Japanese market get the same bumper as ours.

Not quite - the CL9 Type S in Europe has that kit standard. It would not surprise me if Honda Australia use that kit to "update" the Euro here in the future.

They also have the option of Honda sports suspension which is 3cm lower than stock. I wish Honda had that here.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/670102

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/670000-670999/670102_23_full.jpg

yfin
12-04-2005, 09:35 PM
What I mean is how can he lose his deposit when he is upgrading to the Luxury (being just the wheels only or the whole car, didn't elaborate).. He is not cancelling his order in the first place.. Then there is also the cooling off period in any contract.. I mean, that's how I feel when it comes to stuff like that.. Not arguing with you coz you'll know more and coz you're a freaking lawyer!!! LOL!! :D

Agree - we don't know whether he wanted just the wheels - I presumed he wanted to change model. If he wanted to change model there could be an issue with the deposit - the dealer may have effectively "purchased" the car.

Aaronng is right re legislation - but unless the dealer has done something misleading/deceptive, etc contrary to law - that contract is going to apply and it is within the realms of possibility the purchaser can forfeit the deposit.

Btw - not every contract has a cooling off period! :rolleyes:

Iraclis
12-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I did have problems with installation of the foglights but all that was corrected by the dealer at no cost. Car is fine now.

I had the fog lights fitted as part of my contract on a standard euro 6 sp manual in graphite. It improves the overall look and adds more lighting. I was quoted initially $500 for the factory pair plus installation costs on top up to $200. I got them down to $250 fully installed as part of the contract. Hope that helps.

PNR888
12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Aaronng and yfin: Thanks for your correction. I think both versions of front bumper look very good.
Thanks again.

toE
13-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Do get back to us on pricing and availability once you've gotten it sorted.

Curious to know how much they are.
I cbf ringing and asking, so you'll have to do the dirty work. :p

ikebin
13-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I rang up the dealer 2 day and they told me $450 installed... they said the part are really expensive to purchase and even harder 2 install! a load of bs i think! I'm probably gonna ask around..any1 no any good honda dealars in Sydney which do good prices for fogs? Thanks heaps.
Re the 17" thing, the reason y i did look at the specs was because i bought the car 2/1/2005! The spec didn't come out 4 the 2005 model until the following day so there wasn't much i could do bout it.. The thing that I was most annoyed at is when i came to pick up the car he 100% denied ever saying the std had 17". I look back at it now and the 200$ difference, I should have bought at Rick Damilean.:(

aaronng
13-04-2005, 04:28 PM
ikebin, you might want to change Honda dealers. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy your car from them. If you service and buy your spares and accessories from another dealer, they are more than happy because that has a higher margin (and there's more return business). I bought at Rick D and I still service there. I once asked about the trunk tray and Rick D gave the lowest price (lower than Larke Hoskins by $10)