PDA

View Full Version : Suspension/offset Problem!

FORGED
11-04-2005, 11:04 AM
hey guys,
just after some help with offset and stuff as i dont know much. ok ive got a FWD 92 honda legend and just put it on air suspension. when fully slammed, the inside of both rear tyres rub on the air cylinder (in place of the original shock). what i am wondering is when i come to buy a set of 18's, would i be able to buy a set of rims with slightly more/less offset to counteract this problem and perhaps stop the scrubbing?? or are there spacers i can use that will set the rim out a bit further? cheers any help would be greatly appreciated.
Guy.

panda[cRx]
11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
i dunno how legal spacers are? anyone know anything on this?

PhatSol
11-04-2005, 02:29 PM
']i dunno how legal spacers are? anyone know anything on this?

Pretty sure they are not legal, but legal or not they are very dangerous because they increase the force on the wheel studs.

beayni85
14-06-2007, 08:22 PM
where did you get your bags done? im looking at baggin my 97 legend

creativepunka
14-06-2007, 08:55 PM
how much does it rub? you could try give it a bit more +camber. I would run spacers, iv run heaps of cars with them and never had a problem.

dc2itr
17-06-2007, 12:06 AM
spacers aren't legal but heaps of cars have em. Yeah look at getting your camber changed aswell. But if they're rubbin now, gettin 18's aint gonna help. Get 16's-17's. 18's is overkill me thinks.

Drew
17-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Although spacers are sold freely which would make you think that they are legal when in fact they are not...

The load on the wheel studs and bearings is more than doubled which means that under load ie cornering or braking the wheel might fly off the car

didz
17-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Get an offset under 40 for sure. I would suggest in the 30's or 20's and dont get rims too wide if they are rubbing either.

From my understanding, the higher the offset, the closer to the sussy the centre of the wheel sits so make sure you get the right wheels or you will have the same problem. Another note, spacers are very illegal and make the ride incredibly uncomfortable so i wouldnt use these unless it was a last resort.

When you buy your new wheels if you get them at a retailer such as "Ozzy Tyres" then tell them your needs and that you need the right size wheels or they rub etc... They should find the correct ones because they will be made liable if they select the wrong wheels for you and damage is caused to your vehicle.