PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a HONDA JAZZ VTI-S 2007. Help on some simple mods (IM NOOB)

jrr
12-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Hi there

I just bought a jazz and was wondering if theres anyone here that can help me out. Im noob with cars but hopefully can learn alot from here.

Ive been seeing alot of tags about GD1, GD2, GD3, all the way to 8. I was wondering which one mine is. Im guessing I have a GD3 because on the vin it says MRHGD386XX.
Or am I wrong ?

Also there are some things that I need to get fixed on the car.

I notice the aircon in my car is not cold at all. tried every setting. How will I know if it needs regasing or if its just broken.

Also Drivers window when going back up starts to move out of line. Im guessing there something loose thats not holding it properly ?

How much will I be looking at to get these fixed ?

Now for some simple mods.

I would like to get some black rims for my car. How should I look at doing this ? I think my rims are 15" but i would probably like to go a bit bigger because it looks like theres so much space between the wheel and the body of the car.

If theres anyone planning on selling rims please let me know im keen !

I would also like to have a bit of noise in the car like an exhaust. Im not really looking at getting more power because im guessing that it wont make a huge difference and Im not looking at getting something so loud. just something inbetween that you can still hear.

I would also like to get a black bonnet for the car. Could I just go around looking for a spare black bonnet ? The car is yellow and i think itll look awsome with a black bonnet. I have seen some of these carbon fiber bonnets but dont want to get hassled by cops.

Im planning on getting some weather guards but they cost a fortune for authentic ones. anyone has some experience on some decent ones ?

Would like rims that look like these if anyone plans on selling some.

amant02
12-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Hey Mate Welcome.

Yeh its an GD3 if its in the vin (put the car in the pic isnt a GD)

Take it to an aircon guy, they will refill the gas with some dye, if its leaking or the compressor is not working they will tell you what next.

I hasn't seen that window thing happen to a GD, its quiet common in the earlier civics. Window falls off its rails. Take a picture and one of us on here will confirm for you. The way it works is quiet easy can be taken apart and put back together at home quiet easily and basic tools.

For the rims you have posted, very soon your going to find out them rims + good set of tires are nearly worth as much as the car itself.

I would recommend going OEM visors from my experience the cheaper ones are noisy when you drive due to wind, fitment isn't all that there vs the OEM ones.

Hmm if your after the look only, heard of 3M Carbon Wrap? The bonnet is already so light in the GD idunno why people waste money on real carbon... to what save few grams?
This maybe considered 'RICE' but each to their own is always open in the car world. Keep it simple and clean and it will look nice.

As for the exhaust.. the headers of the Jazz is really good. It will even do for a slightly tuned jazz. The Cat back thats somewhat restrictive.
Hi Flo Cat + 2" or even 2 & 1/4" if you want more sound and should also increase performance, but ever so slightly.

My recommendation instead of exhaust, get an intake.

Its the L15a induction sound that sounds sweet.

jrr
12-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I found some on jax tyres that look the same that ill be happy with. So im guessing itll be alot cheaper because I read that those one I like are jdm. Havnt called up yet to get a price. But im hoping there cheaper.

For the carbon wrap. Do they last long. Or would they start to make some bubbles from heat overtime ?

I did find something on gumtree. Kn apollo intake system. I also did search on k&n website for a system for my car but nothing was found.

amant02
12-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Hmm how much are you looking to spend for each mod?

Please research before you buy and are dissapointed. Them Rims from Jax are cheap cos reason. I havn't personally used any KN product yet, expect the pod thats on my on my injen at the moment so can't really tell you what the sound is gonna be like.

VT3C
12-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Welcome ! Jazzes are one of my favourite :) such a fun car with a lot of potental.
We can do a Spoon N1 Muffler for your car (Axle-Back) that bolts straight up to your standard B-pipe (mid section of exhaust) for 560.38 AUD shipped to your door.
Spoon also does a Carbon Hod for your car and it is roughly half the weight of the stock hood but on a GD3 the hood is tiny and pretty light already and we'd recommend spending the money for a Carbon Hood on suspension and engine upgrades.
Send us an email sales@gaijin-garage.com if you would like any more information or advice on the direction to take your Jazz :)

jrr
12-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Hmm how much are you looking to spend for each mod?

Please research before you buy and are dissapointed. Them Rims from Jax are cheap cos reason. I havn't personally used any KN product yet, expect the pod thats on my on my injen at the moment so can't really tell you what the sound is gonna be like.

Yeh just going to do some research on some mods thanks for the help. send me a photo of your pod ?

jrr
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Welcome ! Jazzes are one of my favourite :) such a fun car with a lot of potental.
We can do a Spoon N1 Muffler for your car (Axle-Back) that bolts straight up to your standard B-pipe (mid section of exhaust) for 560.38 AUD shipped to your door.
Spoon also does a Carbon Hod for your car and it is roughly half the weight of the stock hood but on a GD3 the hood is tiny and pretty light already and we'd recommend spending the money for a Carbon Hood on suspension and engine upgrades.
Send us an email sales@gaijin-garage.com if you would like any more information or advice on the direction to take your Jazz :)

will check it out :)