PDA

View Full Version : Civic 1994 - D4 light goes off

kitkat
19-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi guys,
Since yesterday the D4 light on my Civic 94 has been off, other gear lights are all fine. I checked and there was no Check Engine Light stay on after the ignition, and the car is still pretty much running when in D4 position (even the light is off).

Is there any way to check if there is a problem with my gears/transmission/etc, given the symptoms like that? I'm locate in Hawthorn VIC, please advise a local auto repairs if you happen to know any.

Apologies for any confusion, I am not much of a car technical person. Cheers!

amant02
19-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Lol, dont worry about fixing it.

That car is not worth what the auto electrician may charge to fix the backlight for it.

kitkat
19-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Lol, dont worry about fixing it.

That car is not worth what the auto electrician may charge to fix the backlight for it.

Yeah I'm not too fussy about one back light got busted. Just wanna make sure that doesn't mean something is wrong with the transmission or else. Can not afford a major service right now :(

cbauto
19-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Yeah I'm not too fussy about one back light got busted. Just wanna make sure that doesn't mean something is wrong with the transmission or else. Can not afford a major service right now :(
pm PHO

he can fix it for cheap

grifty
20-10-2014, 11:49 AM
lights blown, easy fix but if your not confident then dont do it.

kitkat
20-10-2014, 12:14 PM
lights blown, easy fix but if your not confident then dont do it.

Yeah if its just a light blown then I guess I will pass.

Anyway, say I'll need to replace the speakers and radio head, how much you guys reckon for parts + installation?