PDA

View Full Version : high pitch tone coming from my 04 honda accord euro

matteo00055
23-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to ozhonda.. I've just recently bought an 04 accord euro luxury edition which im in love with besides one thing.. there is a high pitched noise/tone coming from the head unit area of the car (definately not from the speakers)

First just to describe, the noise begins when I turn on the electricals, stays for a few seconds then stops.. then when I turn on the engine it comes back and is persistant whether I turn the radio off. When I turn the engine off the noise stays for about 3-4 more seconds when the engines off, I then hear a clicking somewhere in the dash near the stereo and the noise disapears.

The frustrating thing is ive tried pulling the stereo fuses and the high pitched noise is still there even though there is no power to the radio..
I even pulled apart half the dash and glove box trying to locate the root cause but had no luck.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? and know a way to fix this problem?

Its quite a low volume high pitched sound, but its one of those sounds that once you hear it you will always be searching for it when you sit in the car >.<

Fredoops
23-10-2014, 09:52 PM
check grounds

matteo00055
25-10-2014, 04:34 PM
how could it be grounds though when Ive pulled the fuses to the stereo so theres no power and the noise is still there?

MikeCl
26-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Not sure if the luxury Euro has NAV or Radio/6CD stacker, but the CD units often go through a reset sequence (mechanical parts moving) at power up. Could that be what you are hearing?