PDA

View Full Version : sparco seat on ek

alphabeatsco
11-04-2005, 09:22 PM
i need help!!!
how to fit SPARCO seat on an EK4?please help...
can i use the original sliders?

ATSEK4
11-04-2005, 10:14 PM
i need help!!!
how to fit SPARCO seat on an EK4?please help...
can i use the original sliders?

hmm.. get a sparco seat rail for EK, or custom made a rail.

original sliders, is that mean factory seat rail?

Yes you can, but once you take it off your factory seat, you can never put the rail back to the factory seat. Because it is illegal and won't pass road worthy.

The best way is to get an EK seat with rails from wreckers. they cost around 100-165 each with seat . can't just get the rail. if u are lucky enough to find just the rail around 50. then u looking to spend another 80-100 (each) to fit the rail to the sparco seat. and another 80 for a mod plate.

For custom seat rail cost around 2xx i heard.

not cheap without rails.

Good luck

alphabeatsco
11-04-2005, 11:05 PM
u reckon buying the rail or gettinga custom made job better?
which one works out cheaper?

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
anyne!?
desperate hekp!

BLKek
12-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I had 2 sparco fixed buckets in my last car, cost me $368 including reusing existing rails, modded to fit RPM base brackets, engineers certificate and QLD mod plate.

A good workshop can re-use the existing rails as they know where and how to correctly fit them, if your doing it yourself buy aftermarket rails but you'll still need approval etc...

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 03:38 PM
where would they sell brackets?
rails i can use my own existing ones...but dunno about brackets...

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
anyone selling brackets??? help...i cant fit my seat...

ah8118
12-04-2005, 08:41 PM
is yours a fixed back or reclinable? if its a fixed back, chances are it bolts on to the bottom side of the seat. brackets for them are easy to make. should'nt cost you more then 80 bux at a mechanic. if its a reclinable, then it would bolt on at the bottom. these would be a bit more costly as they are more time consuming to custom make. would rather buy the proper rails for the car. my advice, don go for custom. pay the money and get yourself a proper set of rails. less hassle, less problems in future

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 10:25 PM
but where would u get those rails???
i've got a set of rails from autobarn..and they seem to be ok to fit under the aftermarket seat..but i'll still need an aftermarket BRACKet to mount the slider together to the floor...

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 10:27 PM
oh by the way, my seat is bucket seat ...fixed...
but strangely..the bolts are at the bottom..not side..so it's pretty hard i think..

EK Civic R
12-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Get the brackets from the place u got the seat...

If you got it 2nd hand I can recommend a place in Penrith..
He deals with a few sparco gear like seats & steering wheels

try giving him a call his shop number is 02 4722 9266
His name is Jun a good friend of mine and his shop name is HJC Motorsports..

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
nah i cant get the brackets...i bought off someone from ozhonda..he dunno nothign about seats.
he never installed it..
he dun have brackets or rails..but i manage to get rails today..but dun have brackets...
another question is..even if i put the brackets and rails together..wouldnt it be too low? in terms of height of the seat...

ah8118
12-04-2005, 11:29 PM
hmmm try getting bride rails. i'm sure the traders on ozhonda get get their hands on them. i used bride rails on my spraco fixed back before. they are good. try asking around, i'm sure someone can get their hands on them.

alphabeatsco
12-04-2005, 11:40 PM
but if i buy rails..i still nee dbrackets to bolt to the floor right?

ah8118
13-04-2005, 03:34 PM
not if you buy the specific rails for your car.

alphabeatsco
13-04-2005, 07:03 PM
then where can i get those ones that come in a set..cos apprently i found a sparco rail and bracket to suit my car..but it's a seperate items...
so together it'll fit without welding.

EK Civic R
13-04-2005, 11:47 PM
They should slide in together...
If it requires welding then they aren't genuine or not suited for your car...

They should also bolt straight into the original of you standard seat as well...
I have a friend who bought sparco bucket as well...
haven't installed yet, but as far as the height goes it could be set to 3 or 4 different height levels..

alphabeatsco
14-04-2005, 10:06 AM
so how is ur friend planning to install his seat?
he got brackets and rails? if so, can u ask him where they sell?