PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with engine swaps in Australia?

Marc_EE9
06-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi guys, Im from the UK and now live in Australia. I'm in the process of selling my EF9 in England as it will cost me too much to bring it over, but in the near future I want a DA project here. Seeing as you never had the DA6 here and theres hardly any imported, I want to swap a B16 or B18 in one, but am unsure of the rules and regulations here, I imagine its a bit of a ball ache...?

I currently live in Darwin, but think I will be moving to QLD next year if that makes any difference.

Can anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction? As google doesnt seem to be helping much.

Thanks in advance.

Marc

cbauto
06-11-2014, 09:30 PM
there are some da6 floating around. just have to be patient

http://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/forms/QF3524/$file/F3524_CFD.pdf

caljones
21-11-2014, 04:52 AM
if you are on your opens licence its easy. P plates- its a bit of a grey area.
Pay for a mod plate and change the details with Queensland Transport and your done.

Frances
21-11-2014, 05:22 PM
It is easy procedure here. You have to just pass some legal documents and you are done for it.

slimx
01-12-2014, 11:30 PM
For what you're doing it's easy buddy. We have displacement limits and a million emission regulations, but like Honda > to Honda especiallyjust changnig the series.

They come with a B18A1 i believe, get yourself a B18CR swap it in - and it's just an engine swap because it's the same displacement. Shouldn't have any issues registering it, you get a BLUE SLIP here in NSW.