PDA

View Full Version : 88 CRX All Motor or Turbo

White Noise
07-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Good evening all. I am going to be buying another CRX around March/April next year and cant decide on what to do yet? I don't want to do any engine swaps and will most likely go a D engine but I will see what is available at the time. I have had a turbo D before and it was awesome but if it is easier to go an all motor route (mostly due to getting it all engineered) then I will do that.

My thoughts are as follows so far:

I/H/E
Throttle body
Injectors/Fuel rail/Fuel Pump
Intake
HD Clutch
Lightened flywheel
ECU
Camshafts
Cam Gears
Aluminium Radiator
Most likely need forged internals to handle increase

Just wanting to know peoples thoughts and experiences on either or both.

Thank you,

Aaron.

RenzokukenJ
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
B16 that revs to 14k apparently is kswap killer

White Noise
07-11-2014, 05:57 PM
I would like a b16 but there are very few out there that I can see. Besides I know the D16 engine a lot better. 14k JESUS!!!

DO the mods I have above work well together and get decent output? I am after something legal most importantly.

RenzokukenJ
07-11-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm not too clued up with the b16 engine, as I've ever only had h series and f series. However, the best person to speak to is cbauto, he is currently building a few b series including a b16 kswap killer, so might be best to see what he says about the set up you are after

White Noise
08-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the help mate.

grifty
08-11-2014, 07:06 PM
b18 swap it, all those mods on a D series not worth the $

White Noise
08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Is it expensive to do a swap? I'm more worried about the legal side of it. Don't want to do all this work then get screwed over for it. What about those mods on a B16? Although most the ones I see are B16 swapped CRX's anyway.

grifty
08-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Is it expensive to do a swap? I'm more worried about the legal side of it. Don't want to do all this work then get screwed over for it. What about those mods on a B16? Although most the ones I see are B16 swapped CRX's anyway.

those mods on a B16 will be alot better as it's a better platform to start with. Legal wise I'm not 100% sure, you may just need a blueslip to rego the engine to the car.

White Noise
08-11-2014, 07:31 PM
If that's all it is then I am definitely better off. I will check with my mate who does blue slips and see what he says. If I have to do the swap myself do I need to mod the suspension for the new motor or just new mounts and ECU? Sorry for the newb questions not sure on the process.

grifty
08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
If that's all it is then I am definitely better off. I will check with my mate who does blue slips and see what he says. If I have to do the swap myself do I need to mod the suspension for the new motor or just new mounts and ECU? Sorry for the newb questions not sure on the process.

new mounts + conversion harness + ecu + shift linkages + cable to hydraulic clutch conversion + driveshafts.

White Noise
08-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Jesus Christ, lol. Looks like I should look for a half cut then. So does everything bolt right up apart from the motor and mounts? Or is it a full custom job? If so rough figures on the install? Sounds like I am better off buying one already done. If the blueslip is all I need will go that route then. I don't mind if its a bomb. Its going to be a project car anyway :)

grifty
08-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Jesus Christ, lol. Looks like I should look for a half cut then. So does everything bolt right up apart from the motor and mounts? Or is it a full custom job? If so rough figures on the install? Sounds like I am better off buying one already done. If the blueslip is all I need will go that route then. I don't mind if its a bomb. Its going to be a project car anyway :)

No need for a half cut, most engine sales come with most bits.

Since the engine most likely wont be from a EF8/9 you'll need shift linkages + conversion harness + mounts + cable to hydro conversion. With all those aftermarket bits it's straight bolt in.

If the engine is from a EF8/EF9 make sure you get everything mentioned above with the sale as its straight bolt in.

grifty
08-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Read that http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?46374-DIY-ED9-(-88-gen2-CRX-)-B16A-Engine-transplant

grifty
08-11-2014, 08:13 PM
+ you need to do some more research

White Noise
08-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Sweet :) I will give that a read, Appreciate all the info mate.

MR.K
09-11-2014, 04:01 PM

just wondering how much $ is the b16 kswap killer and whats the power figures like?

RenzokukenJ
09-11-2014, 04:03 PM
just wondering how much $ is the b16 kswap killer and whats the power figures like?
As per previous post, pm cbauto, he is the one building it

amant02
09-11-2014, 04:10 PM

I'm not too clued up with the b16 engine, as I've ever only had h series and f series. However, the best person to speak to is cbauto, he is currently building a few b series including a b16 kswap killer, so might be best to see what he says about the set up you are after

As per previous post, pm cbauto, he is the one building it

And I thought this was the reason why I was hated on Ozhonda. Ironic.

RenzokukenJ
09-11-2014, 04:17 PM
And I thought this was the reason why I was hated on Ozhonda. Ironic.
Because I'm referring someone to someone else who can give information? Nice